what do y'all think of the makarov? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what do y'all think of the makarov?

I love mine, shoot the heck out of it, and it still keeps going.

Think I paid 140 bucks for it a few years ago, stocked up on ammo and mags.. and I was good to go.

Its the AK47 of handguns :)

They aren't exactly the best looking guns around, but from what I've heard, they're darn good guns, and are easily concealable. I'd say go for it.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I've had one for years, very dependable, have put 100's of rounds thru it. easy to clean/break down. I will say for the price you can't beat it & my it's an easier gun for the wife & daughter to shoot when it comes to recoil compared to my 40.

Gotta love 'em!!!

I've had my Russian Makarov 9x18 for about five months now, and agree and disagree on some points made here. I don't think it's too big for concealed carry at all, but it is just slightly on the heavy side fully loaded. The recoil is sweet as can be, and it fires EVERYTHING!!! I once pulled a half eaten cheese burger out of the trash and stuffed that in the magazine, and that fired too! I wouldn't trade it for the world!
    qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

I have an east german one and it is a blast to shoot. Custom rubber grip really helps with the grip.

Bill

Custom Rubber Grips??

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I have an east german one and it is a blast to shoot. Custom rubber grip really helps with the grip.

Bill
    Man, I bet that makes shooting it alot more comfortable, especially if they make the grip alittle larger. Do you remember where you got them? online? I'd love to get my hands on a set of those

Quote Originally Posted by SLowtruck View Post
    Man, I bet that makes shooting it alot more comfortable, especially if they make the grip alittle larger. Do you remember where you got them? online? I'd love to get my hands on a set of those
    Not a set - just one. There actually used to be two different styles: a "Makawrap" style that was flatter on the sides, and added finger grips on the front, and the rubber Pearce replacement grip. Both were originally sold by Pearce.

I have two of the rubber Pearce grips (pic on the left) still in the retail boxes that I'm willing to part with and I'll throw in free shipping. I'm not parting with the MakaWrap that I still have, though!

The rubber Pearce grips are still widely available - even available on Amazon. Search for "Makarov Pearce grip". I haven't seen the Makawrap grip anywhere for ages (though one just sold recently on Gunbroker).

9. My Makarov

I have one of the commercial Russian Makarovs and I think it is great. Yes, it is a little on the heavy side because of being all steel, but mine has always gone bang and with Barnhaul HP shells it will stay in the 10 ring all day at 7 yards. I don't think you can ask for more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234