what do y'all think of the makarov?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do y'all think of the makarov?

Cool what do y'all think of the makarov?

i have 2 of these and i love them. no jams, reliable and gets the job done. i figure if it was good enough for our friends at THE K.G.B. it is probably ok for me and it is. many of the russian troopers still carry them, even though there is a new model out. what do you guys and gals think?

I don't have a Mak, gut wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I do have a PA-63, and I like it a lot. It's mostly relegated to "truck gun" status, but it hasn't missed a beat. No failures in 1500+ rounds, and eats anything I feed it. From what I've heard, Maks are supposed to be even better.

My every day carry piece is a 1978 bulgarian military issue Makarov. Absolutely reliable, built like a tank, enough power to do the job and only cost me $210 out the door. And it looks really really cool.

5. Don't have one yet.
    Looked at a couple.
    If you keep up all the great words, probably have to try one.
    Nuke'em til they glow then shoot them in the dark!

Don't have one.

Want one.

Hope to get one...

SOON

I too would like to own one soon..think I need to spend a day or two shopping!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

8. Where can typically you find one in good shape or new?

Cool i bought mine....

i bought mine through a friend who had a dealer's license. any reputable dealer or gun store should be able to get it for you. i have a east german makarov that once belonged to a stasi agent repotedly. my russian one ordered from the factory. they say even the chinese ones are ok. don't know about now, but you used to be able to obtain a chinese one for 99 bucks. i believe i paid 190 bucks for the east german one and 150 for thr russkie one. the thing about com-bloc weapons is that they are effective, hard core and stupid-proof. you can abuse them and they will still perform well.

I have never handled one, but I hear nothing but good about them. I do have a cz82 that shoots the 9mm Makarov round. I am very found of it. It came from Aim surplus. I have a C&R license and it was sent right to my door.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I have never handled one, but I hear nothing but good about them. I do have a cz82 that shoots the 9mm Makarov round. I am very found of it. It came from Aim surplus. I have a C&R license and it was sent right to my door.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast