Why i like glocks - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why i like glocks

1. If .40/Gen4, Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    another silly fanboy post, before you go nuts, I own 2 glocks but I don't ever feel the need to proffer my love of the weapon like some people do.

Wow, cool story, bro. Thanks for sharing. Awesome comment.

LOL.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I don't like Glocks because I don't like the way they feel in my hands. That's it in a nutshell.
    That and the way the slide doesn't always match up with the frame. When I buy a gun, I don't expect to be replacing the slide after only a few thousand rounds. No other semi auto I've ever seen has that problem.

One thing about you glock groupies, you're just a tad bit arrogant and assume that everyone wants to hear about your glock. People could be talking deer hunting and you gotta bring your damn glock 19 into it. When we point it out, you guys get all defensive and start the insults. I don't preach about my Sigma or Judge...and I don't insult you if you don't like them as much as I do...just sayin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

Ok. Cool story. You like glocks, I like 1911s. If I make a thread about how much I love my 1911, will you promise to read it and agree with everything I say? If you don't, I might get mad and throw insults. K?

6. Chalk-up another Glock non owner, because of the way they feel in the hand. I really wanted one too. My gripe is the grip angle. I just couldn't get used to it. I'm not bashing Glock, they just aren't for me.

"When I buy a gun, I don't expect to be replacing the slide after only a few thousand rounds. No other semi auto I've ever seen has that problem."

That's one of the more ridiculous claims I've read about the Glock. No way you have to "replace the slide after a few thousand rounds."

That's just nuts.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    That and the way the slide doesn't always match up with the frame. When I buy a gun, I don't expect to be replacing the slide after only a few thousand rounds. No other semi auto I've ever seen has that problem.
    Hmm, I should be on the 5th slide with my G30 and my 3rd slide with the G34. The G23 only has "two slides" worth shot through it so it'll probabaly fall off my belt shortly.

I'm not a "fan boi" but the things just work. That's what I paid for. That's what I got.

AD

Own 3 - G17, 19, & 26. Love them all, shoot them well, trust them completely. I don't want an external, manual safety, don't need one. They do what I ask of them every time. That's enough for me.

OTOH, I do not feel the need to express my eternal and undying love for them. I appreciate them.

UPDATE: Also don't feel the need to convert anyone - shoot what works for you. I know what works for me.
    Last edited by the dark; 07-05-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Si vis pacem para bellum

10. Most people get way too damn emotional over this Glock debate. Nobody's trying to force abortions or devil worship on anyone, calm down. I used to have a Glock 22. There was nothing wrong with its performance, but when I got my CCL and started carrying, I had to have something with a manual safety, as I had heard a few stories of Glocks randomly firing without pulling the trigger. It may have only happened a few times, but it only takes one time while sitting in a restaurant to lose your license. So I went with a "baby" Desert Eagle .45. After a few hundred rounds with the Desert Eagle, I liked it much better. I don't knock anyone who prefers a Glock, but I would have to disagree with some of the claims that it's the best gun ever made.

I have 4 and the wife has 1, but I don't really need to go all gushy over them on a forum. Most folks have a favorite gun or gun type, and for their own reasons. There is no best gun for everyone because people have different tastes, different anatomy, etc.

There is one unique advantage of Glocks though. They look so much alike that your wife probably won't be able to tell when you've bought a new one.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast