Why i like glocks - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why i like glocks

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    I had heard a few stories of Glocks randomly firing without pulling the trigger. It may have only happened a few times, but it only takes one time while sitting in a restaurant to lose your license.
    I've heard stories of unicorns, bigfoot, nessie and centaurs roaming the streets in the wee hours of the morning however something tells me that like glocks firing randomly I need to take those reports with a huge grain of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I have 4 and the wife has 1, but I don't really need to go all gushy over them on a forum.
    +1
    self gratification should remain private

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    had to have something with a manual safety, as I had heard a few stories of Glocks randomly firing without pulling the trigger. It may have only happened a few times, but it only takes one time while sitting in a restaurant to lose your license.
    Do you have any links to stories that back up this claim of yours? If so, I'd like to see them.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Come on now guys...every brand has it's problems. I had a glock 26 that either was jarred loose or slapped out of my holster while I was clearing fallen trees from my property and went off not once, but three times, one for every time it bounced. I got rid of it quickly. I've had a few guns take the "drop test" but the only one to go off by itself was the glock. Even my SD40 VE,which is little more than a glock 22 clone, doesn't go off when dropped. Sure, anyone can say it happened once and won't happen again, but would YOU risk a gunshot wound just to prove a point?

Edit: case in point, i didn't drop the sd40 with live ammo, i loaded a snap cap and let it drop off the table, which is about waist height.

It makes no sense to me that here we are, all Americans and yet some will arm themselves with Guns that are not Made In The USA.
    If the statement "Buy American" should begin anywhere it should be with our arms.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    It makes no sense to me that here we are, all Americans and yet some will arm themselves with Guns that are not Made In The USA.
    If the statement "Buy American" should begin anywhere it should be with our arms.
    I agree with buy American and I inspect everything I buy for country of origin, send letters to the few folks that manufacture products here and letters to the Hired Help in DC. With this in mind, the Glocks I have bought are satisfactory and like them. My ARís, shotguns and Kimbers are all stamped USA. My pet issue is the KIA, Toyotas and such that drive around my town. My friend just bought a KIA stating it is made here with foreign parts. We have no jobs because we do not make anything. Home Depot has shiny new trinkets, hand tools, power tools, drill bits and window AC units all made by China or South Korea. People do not care. People will not care until these goodies are not imported based on our tremendous debt. Mr. B. Hussein Obama wants to create jobs but only government jobs or Green Jobs. Once our credit is over stretched, about nine years ago (I really do not know when) we will be embargoed with everything and have nothing. In my youth, I was in debt heavily and thought I was rich but I was broke.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

They are a good simple combat weapon for the price. There are better weapons out there but.... like i just said: they are a good simple combat weapon for the price.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I don't have a problem buying imported goods, I have a problem with American companies shipping jobs and production overseas strictly to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Come on now guys...every brand has it's problems. I had a glock 26 that either was jarred loose or slapped out of my holster while I was clearing fallen trees from my property and went off not once, but three times, one for every time it bounced. I got rid of it quickly. I've had a few guns take the "drop test" but the only one to go off by itself was the glock. Even my SD40 VE,which is little more than a glock 22 clone, doesn't go off when dropped. Sure, anyone can say it happened once and won't happen again, but would YOU risk a gunshot wound just to prove a point?

Edit: case in point, i didn't drop the sd40 with live ammo, i loaded a snap cap and let it drop off the table, which is about waist height.
    I have to call BS on this one. For that to happen like you say all of the internal safety's would have to fail simultaneously and a gun known for stove pipes due to limp wristing fires not once but three times on its own. A responsible owner would have sent the gun to Glock so they could examine it rather than sell the gun to someone else. If there was indeed a problem with the gun like you say then the next person that acquires it may not be so lucky.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I don't have a problem buying imported goods, I have a problem with American companies shipping jobs and production overseas strictly to save money.
    The problem is the fact that American companies must ship jobs and production overseas strictly to save money.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast