Why i like glocks - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 105

Thread: Why i like glocks

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Come on now guys...every brand has it's problems. I had a glock 26 that either was jarred loose or slapped out of my holster while I was clearing fallen trees from my property and went off not once, but three times, one for every time it bounced. I got rid of it quickly. I've had a few guns take the "drop test" but the only one to go off by itself was the glock. Even my SD40 VE,which is little more than a glock 22 clone, doesn't go off when dropped. Sure, anyone can say it happened once and won't happen again, but would YOU risk a gunshot wound just to prove a point?

    Edit: case in point, i didn't drop the sd40 with live ammo, i loaded a snap cap and let it drop off the table, which is about waist height.

    Tricolor... for quite some time I have enjoyed your posts. However, I'm having a real tough time swallowing this one. First, if you can "slap" a firearm from your holster, you need a new holster. Second, you claim that the Glock went off three times every time it bounced. There are three safety features on a Glock, including a drop safety. It is impossible with the engineering of a Glock for it to discharge without the trigger being pulled. Therefore, no matter how hard it is dropped, the drop safety prevents the discharge. Please see this link for an animated illustration of how all three safety systems work:
    Our ?Safe Action? System. Always safe and always ready. | GLOCK USA

    Did you happen to do a trigger mod that would have rendered this safety mechanism useless?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  2.   
  3. #32
    As for tricolordads post. I will not call BS on it for this simple fact: I was not there and sometimes odd things do happen.

    For instance: I was told that there is no way ejected brass would ever strike a primer on an open box of shells and cause one to discharge. As hard as it may be to believe, it actually did happen to me one time shooting my wifes Kahr and a box of hydashoks on the ground behind me. Scared the heck out of me. Luckily there was nobody hurt.
    -Austin

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    It makes no sense to me that here we are, all Americans and yet some will arm themselves with Guns that are not Made In The USA.
    If the statement "Buy American" should begin anywhere it should be with our arms.
    what kind of car do you drive?

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Tricolor... for quite some time I have enjoyed your posts. However, I'm having a real tough time swallowing this one. First, if you can "slap" a firearm from your holster, you need a new holster. Second, you claim that the Glock went off three times every time it bounced. There are three safety features on a Glock, including a drop safety. It is impossible with the engineering of a Glock for it to discharge without the trigger being pulled. Therefore, no matter how hard it is dropped, the drop safety prevents the discharge. Please see this link for an animated illustration of how all three safety systems work:
    Our ?Safe Action? System. Always safe and always ready. | GLOCK USA

    Did you happen to do a trigger mod that would have rendered this safety mechanism useless?
    while I agree with your assessment of this guys claims, the fact that these safeties are on the gun is no assurance of them actually working properly.
    I was the guy who sparked a worldwide recall of all Caracal model C 9mm because the gun fired after being dropped, the caracal was designed by some of the same people who designed the Glock.
    so while the poster you referred to might not be entirely credible the fact is that gun's with similar safety systems have gone off after being dropped

  6. I'd love to buy strictly American too, but many products I need are made in China and third world countries. As far as the car thing, many major foreign manufacturers have assembly plants here employing American workers. That may be a halfway solution to transportation, but at least it keeps American workers in the loop. I drive a newly designed, American made 2012 Ford Focus hatchback. Damn fine car.

    Back on topic. My wife almost bought a Glock for SD. However, she could not rack the slide (or any slide) reliably because of a shattered arm in a car accident. Wound-up having to get a wheel gun.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    I had to have something with a manual safety, as I had heard a few stories of Glocks randomly firing without pulling the trigger.
    I own 7 Glocks, all different models, and none of mine have ever randomly fired on their own. I carry one or two on me at all times. I have also never had to replace a slide. I would suspect the "random firing" was actually user error, and not a malfunction of the gun itself. If anything, mine should be more prone to this "random firing" phenomenon you speak of, as all mine have the 3.5lb tactical trigger and not the standard trigger.

    Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Do you have any links to stories that back up this claim of yours? If so, I'd like to see them.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    The biggest story I read was about an LEO doing a "bring your dad to work day" at his kids' school. According to the story, his Glock randomly fired and hit him in the foot. This was 4 or 5 years ago, so I don't remember where I read it. I wasn't claiming it as cold hard fact. That's why my initial post said "I heard".

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    The biggest story I read was about an LEO doing a "bring your dad to work day" at his kids' school. According to the story, his Glock randomly fired and hit him in the foot. This was 4 or 5 years ago, so I don't remember where I read it. I wasn't claiming it as cold hard fact. That's why my initial post said "I heard".
    randomly fired??
    how about the dumazz had his finger on the trigger and that caused the random firing
    he is one of no responsibilty generation

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TN, the patron state of shootin stuff
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    randomly fired??
    how about the dumazz had his finger on the trigger and that caused the random firing
    he is one of no responsibilty generation
    Most likely, that's what happened. It's like the news reports that someone got shot when mr. gun-owner was cleaning his weapon and it just went off. All of these "accidents" were caused by not following proper gun safety. First of all who cleans a loaded weapon? You have to clear the weapon and take the gun apart to properly clean it. Wiping it off with a rag is not cleaning in my book. Second, the gun should always be pointed in a safe direction when doing so and your finger off the trigger. Third, don't reload the weapon afterwards if you are going to play or should I say admire with your freshly cleaned gun! If these morons would simply do this every time there would not be so many accidents. I'm going to start a rumor that my GE microwave randomly starts cooking stew.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    what kind of car do you drive?
    Chevrolet and Chrysler.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast