Why i like glocks - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why i like glocks

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    The biggest story I read was about an LEO doing a "bring your dad to work day" at his kids' school. According to the story, his Glock randomly fired and hit him in the foot. This was 4 or 5 years ago, so I don't remember where I read it. I wasn't claiming it as cold hard fact. That's why my initial post said "I heard".
    You can look the video up on YouTube. Funny Stuff... Kinda.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I have to call BS on this one. For that to happen like you say all of the internal safety's would have to fail simultaneously and a gun known for stove pipes due to limp wristing fires not once but three times on its own. A responsible owner would have sent the gun to Glock so they could examine it rather than sell the gun to someone else. If there was indeed a problem with the gun like you say then the next person that acquires it may not be so lucky.
    The only issue I have had with any model Glock was right in the store. The rear sight fell off. I had bought this via Davidsonís on line. It was shipped to the store where I completed the paper work and then checked it out. Davidsonís, as their stated policy, sent a new one the next day. I would be very interested in any documented case of a Glock going off from a drop, or any other documented case of a modern firearm discharging from a drop. Not that it cannot happen, as with any man made device it may fail.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Do you have any links to stories that back up this claim of yours? If so, I'd like to see them.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    The biggest story I read was about an LEO doing a "bring your dad to work day" at his kids' school. According to the story, his Glock randomly fired and hit him in the foot. This was 4 or 5 years ago, so I don't remember where I read it. I wasn't claiming it as cold hard fact. That's why my initial post said "I heard".
    It was a DEA agent, and shortly after he SAFTEY CHECKED the weapon and then proceeded to tell everybody it was unloaded and how he was the only person in the room professional enough to handle that gun, he shot himself. It didn't go off. He thought it was clear, pointed it at his foot and pulled the trigger. Sorry, there's no safety in the world that'll prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Chevrolet and Chrysler.
    and are you aware that chrylser is owned by Fiat, an Italian company, and that you have displayed some hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    It was a DEA agent, and shortly after he SAFTEY CHECKED the weapon and then proceeded to tell everybody it was unloaded and how he was the only person in the room professional enough to handle that gun, he shot himself. It didn't go off. He thought it was clear, pointed it at his foot and pulled the trigger. Sorry, there's no safety in the world that'll prevent that.
    Are you talking about the Black guy with the dreadlocks in the classroom full of children? I see. I've been proven wrong. Glocks do in fact discharge without the trigger being squeezed.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I saw the video and know what you're talking about. The gun is not to blame. The agent put a magazine in the gun that had a round in it. When he opened it the chamber was empty. He asked the Principal of the school to check the gun. A man who didn't know one end of a gun from the other. So when he let the slide go forward he loaded a round. The rest is history.
    Will Antico

I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking this thread will never be complete with out this

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    In just a few minutes, a Glock fanboy will come by and post a link to a test where a Glock was put in a blender filled with Drano, sulfuric acid, Coca-Cola, piranha, and 2 pounds of industrial diamonds. A CAT D8 bulldozer was then dropped on it from 1000 feet. The owner picked up the Glock, chambered a 155mm HE round, hit a post-it note at 917 miles, and then proceeded to run 726,761 rounds of Wolf ammo coated with Gorilla Glue with no failures.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking this thread will never be complete with out this
    Sounds like the LEO one I picked up for a fiver! lol. Thanks, uplifted my mood.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

In just a few minutes, a Glock fanboy will come by and post a link to a test where a Glock was put in a blender filled with Drano, sulfuric acid, Coca-Cola, piranha, and 2 pounds of industrial diamonds. A CAT D8 bulldozer was then dropped on it from 1000 feet. The owner picked up the Glock, chambered a 155mm HE round, hit a post-it note at 917 miles, and then proceeded to run 726,761 rounds of Wolf ammo coated with Gorilla Glue with no failures.
    Seems legit....

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    The only issue I have had with any model Glock was right in the store. The rear sight fell off. I had bought this via Davidson’s on line. It was shipped to the store where I completed the paper work and then checked it out. Davidson’s, as their stated policy, sent a new one the next day. I would be very interested in any documented case of a Glock going off from a drop, or any other documented case of a modern firearm discharging from a drop. Not that it cannot happen, as with any man made device it may fail.
    Every Glock owner will tell you the plastic sights suck big time. A Glock official told me one time that the reason they put those stupid and cheap sights on their firearms had something to do with some importation law. *shrugs* I didn't really follow his point when he said it and didn't care that much to continue to ask questions. Point being... whatever the price of the Glock you are buying is, add about $100 to put new sights on.

Every LEO in the world will tell you that the moment you try to rack the slide one handed (against pocket, against heel of boot, etc.) that plastic sight will bust right off. Before a big debate ensues as to why one would rack their firearm with one hand, it is a drill performed by LEO's in case one of their arms becomes disabled and they need to rack their slide. I prefer doing this drill in a kneeling position against the heel of the boot to avoid pointing down my leg with the pocket technique.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast