Why i like glocks - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why i like glocks

Wow...just catching up here...wow.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

They look perfectly pretty next to my Tokarev! ;)

Howdy,

I grew up as a 1911A1 and revolver shooter and compared to a Union made, hand fitted and polished S&W revolver the Glock was fugly.

Pretty simple.

In 1992 I was looking for a 10mm pistol and was offered a great deal on a Glock 20 LNIB with 200 rounds of ammo and 3 mags. It was too good to pas on and I thought if nothing else I could resale it and make a little money to boot.

21 years and 7,500 rounds later I still have it along with a Glock 21SF .45acp, a G23 .40S&W ( my EDC ) and a G35 .40S&W. I also have a Ceiner .22LR kit and a LW 40-9mm barrel for my G23.

I still own a 1911A1 and a S&W Model 15-3 .38 Special revolver but the Glocks are my favorites.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

I can't believe the amount of posts and banter going back and forth over this. Hollywood probably uses more Glock 's in there movies and TV shows then any other handgun. Why would they do that if the gun is ugly ? Also 80% of all law enforcement in the U.S. use Glock's ! 60 +% of those use the .40 S&W caliber. So let the stats speak for themselves. I have a G23 gen 2 and a G27 gen 4. Both are excellent handguns. I did change the sights on both. I have trijicon's on the 23 and meprolight's on the 27 . Both work great. I'm now looking to get
    a G20SF. I'd like to see one in a Gen 4 but I may have to settle for a Gen 3. That would be a great hiking gun. You could easily defend yourself against any animal attacks with a 10mm ! So there you go. Take it easy.
    Will Antico

Quote Originally Posted by NYwill15 View Post
    Why would they do that if the gun is ugly ?
    the idiotic thing is calling any TOOL ugly, a gun is a tool like a wrench is a tool, like a hammer is a tool like a screw driver is a tool, who refers to their tools as ugly or pretty?
    it is a sick mind that attaches looks to their tools

Blog Entries
    I can't believe the amount of posts and banter going back and forth over this. Hollywood probably uses more Glock 's in there movies and TV shows then any other handgun. Why would they do that if the gun is ugly ? Also 80% of all law enforcement in the U.S. use Glock's ! 60 +% of those use the .40 S&W caliber. So let the stats speak for themselves. I have a G23 gen 2 and a G27 gen 4. Both are excellent handguns. I did change the sights on both. I have trijicon's on the 23 and meprolight's on the 27 . Both work great. I'm now looking to get
    a G20SF. I'd like to see one in a Gen 4 but I may have to settle for a Gen 3. That would be a great hiking gun. You could easily defend yourself against any animal attacks with a 10mm ! So there you go. Take it easy.
    It's a marketing strategy called product placement. Companies will pay to get their product on TV because lil guys like treo imitate everything they see on TV and will buy one. Spending $2m and borrowing a few guns to the producers of Criminal Minds could net them double that in retail after a few weeks of broadcast once the fans start buying. I've heard that Bone Thugs N Harmony were paid for the song Shotz to Tha Double Glock, which is both an advertisement and shout out to the hood (e. 99th in cleveland). It's all about money.

Also 80% of all law enforcement in the U.S. use Glock's ! 60 +% of those use the .40 S&W caliber. So let the stats speak for themselves.
    If you're going to cite "stats" at least get them right. According to Glock's own website, it's 65% of LE that uses them not 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    If you're going to cite "stats" at least get them right. According to Glock's own website, it's 65% of LE that uses them not 80%.
    BAM! Face...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the idiotic thing is calling any TOOL ugly, a gun is a tool like a wrench is a tool, like a hammer is a tool like a screw driver is a tool, who refers to their tools as ugly or pretty?
    it is a sick mind that attaches looks to their tools
    A hooker is a tool.

So, would you want an ugly tool or a pretty tool?

On a serious note:

Hollywood uses Glocks because they are easy to recognize and they are easy to convert to firing blanks.

Even people that don't know guns know what a Glock looks like.

I took my Kid and her friends to see a movie and the BG was using a Glock and a couple of the girls said "He's got a Glock!"

Yep, if 14yo girls know what a Glock is almost everybody does.

The LEOs use Glocks because they work every time.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

A hooker is a tool.

if nothing else you are consistent, you sir are a tool and like any other tool your looks are irrelevant

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast