My favorite .380 pistols - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My favorite .380 pistols

My favorite is the stainless Sig P230, second place goes to the Sig P238, bronze goes to the Ruger LCP

Bigrebnc said:

The Bersa is good, I've recently had my eye on the compact 45 acp but why 380? I'm not convinced the 380 has knock down power.

A man heard someone breaking in his house one night. He got up and investigated. Encountered an intruder and put 1 round in center mass, intruder fell dead. The home owner was using a .380. A guy was walking through a field when he was charged by a wild boar, all he had was a
    .380, he puled it and fired one shot, the boar went down. A wild boar has tougher hide and muscle than a human. So don't think a .380 can't do it.

The Sexy European

My favorite .380 pistols-84f.jpg

To the extent that it's possible to love an inanimate object, I LOVE my Beretta 84F. She's a 21-year-old, sexy Italian and she loves to wear leather. I know, her butt's a little big, but she carries her 13-round double-stack magazine pretty well.

5. My favorite .380 pistols

Can't wait to check out the new Beretta Pico. Lots of nice features...good write up in Guns & Ammo this month

I've got the Bersa Thunder as well as the Bodyguard 380. They both have advantages. The BG is MUCH easier to conceal, but the Bersa is much more accurate IMO.
    I do like the PK380 a lot. Very nice feel to it.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Bigrebnc said:

The Bersa is good, I've recently had my eye on the compact 45 acp but why 380? I'm not convinced the 380 has knock down power.

A man heard someone breaking in his house one night. He got up and investigated. Encountered an intruder and put 1 round in center mass, intruder fell dead. The home owner was using a .380. A guy was walking through a field when he was charged by a wild boar, all he had was a
    .380, he puled it and fired one shot, the boar went down. A wild boar has tougher hide and muscle than a human. So don't think a .380 can't do it.
    KNOCK DOWN POWER IS MOSTLY A MYTH AS FAR AS HANDGUNS GO... IN REALITY... THE ONLY WAY TO EFFECTIVELY STOP SOMEONE IN THEIR TRACKS IS WITH A SHOT TO THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM.... ANY OTHER SHOT, EVEN TO THE HEART LEAVES THEM ABLE TO CONTINUE FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS ... THE BRAIN RETAINS ENOUGH OXYGEN TO CONTINUE FOR THOSE 15 SEC. IF YOU DON'T HIT THE HEART OR MAJOR ARTERY TO BRAIN.. THEY JUST BLEED OUT AND THAT CAN TAKE A WHILE WHILE THEY CONTINUE THEIR ATTACK.. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN ON THE BATTLEFIELD.... (damn cap lock...sorry was not yelling, forgive me) as for the compact .45... have you shot one? good luck trying to put multiple shots in a group... recoil is so bad with the shortened barrel.... I agree with Bigrebnc on this one... placed correctly a 380 is more than enough... and with the softer recoil you can put multiple shots on target with less problem

Exactly, small guns have much worse recoil. The largest caliber I own is 9mm. In pocket guns give me a .32 acp for reduced recoil, it will do the job at close range. I want something I can get follow up shots off easy. I mainly carry my Bersa .380 or Bersa .32 for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    13-round double-stack magazine
    I have the Browning/PB/FNH version of this fine weapon, in stainless steel. It is without a doubt, a very reliable and capable 380 with that 13 round capacity.

Another vote for the Bersa Thunder 380CC as a favorite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12