SAA for everyday carry? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SAA for everyday carry?

1. I completely agree with wolf_fire. As long as your are proficient with your weapon and confident; it is a great choice for you. SAAs worked pretty well in the Old West and there isn't a reason they shouldn't work well now in the hands of a skilled individual.

Quote Originally Posted by nzumbrun View Post
    I completely agree with wolf_fire. As long as your are proficient with your weapon and confident; it is a great choice for you. SAAs worked pretty well in the Old West and there isn't a reason they shouldn't work well now in the hands of a skilled individual.
    Sure when most other people you were facing were using SAA revolvers...

Ridiculous argument.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Sure when most other people you were facing were using SAA revolvers...

Ridiculous argument.
    One shot at a time regardless. So yes, ridiculous argument.

~ “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God” ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

In case there is anyone still reading this who may be tempted to consider a Single Action revolver a good choice for carrying as your primary self-defense weapon, here are reasons NOT to do it:

(1) You are limited to six rounds.
    (2) It requires you to engage in fine motor skills to get the next round into action.
    (3) You will take eyes/attention/sights off the threat.
    (4) It assume a high level of skill to reload in any kind of quick manner.
    (5) You must assume you will be facing only ONE assailant.

It is a very foolish choice to make for EDC/SA.

There is no REPUTABLE self-defense trainer who would ever recommend the use of SAA for EDC/SD/home defense.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

In case there is anyone still reading this who may be tempted to consider a Single Action revolver a good choice for carrying as your primary self-defense weapon, here are reasons NOT to do it:

(1) You are limited to six rounds.
    (2) It requires you to engage in fine motor skills to get the next round into action.
    (3) You will take eyes/attention/sights off the threat.
    (4) It assume a high level of skill to reload in any kind of quick manner.
    (5) You must assume you will be facing only ONE assailant.

It is a very foolish choice to make for EDC/SA.

There is no REPUTABLE self-defense trainer who would ever recommend the use of SAA for EDC/SD/home defense.
    Proof once again that it's much more difficult to hide one's ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge.

~ Fight Crime-Shoot Back ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

I too grew up shooting single action and love the asthetics of a good SA but i keep mine now more for fun and conversation pieces. Before I got my CCW I would open carry my Beretta Stampede 45lc with a tooled and scrolled western style Cheyanne hip holster. I would get more coplements and questions like "your young are you even old enough to know how to shoot something like that?"

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    "There's two fly flags above my land that really sum up how I feel. One flies high and proud, the red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake with a simple statement shown 'Don't tread on me' is what I believe and I'll take it to my grave." - Aaron Watson

You guys crack me up. It is so obvious that the people defending carrying a SAA pistol for self-defense have ZERO real world experience with CQB and what it means to face down a threat in a real gun fight.

But hey, it's a free country, feel free to play Mr. Cowboy, just don't say you weren't warned when the moment of crisis comes and all you are running with is a six shot SAA revolver.

If they are so great, as you guys claim, I'm sure the military and law enforcement would still be using them...oh, wait...sorry, I don't want to confuse any FUDDS with facts.

LOL.

Veteran with cqb experience......my side arm sent one round then suffered a FTF this is why i am having my revolver fixed for my cce

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    "There's two fly flags above my land that really sum up how I feel. One flies high and proud, the red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake with a simple statement shown 'Don't tread on me' is what I believe and I'll take it to my grave." - Aaron Watson

Quote Originally Posted by supermedic08173 View Post
    I too grew up shooting single action and love the asthetics of a good SA but i keep mine now more for fun and conversation pieces. Before I got my CCW I would open carry my Beretta Stampede 45lc with a tooled and scrolled western style Cheyanne hip holster. I would get more coplements and questions like "your young are you even old enough to know how to shoot something like that?"

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    When I open carry, my favorite is my Ruger New Vaquero carried in High Plain Drifter Rig. Always ooh's, awe's and compliments wherever I would go. Never a negative or anyone in shock.

SAA for everyday carry?-th_rugerrig2.jpg

~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Quote Originally Posted by supermedic08173 View Post

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    The Beretta Stampede 45lc is a beautiful SAA, I've always admired it.

~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    When I open carry, my favorite is my Ruger New Vaquero carried in High Plain Drifter Rig. Always ooh's, awe's and compliments wherever I would go. Never a negative or anyone in shock.

SAA for everyday carry?-th_rugerrig2.jpg

I have a buddy back home who oc an old maire's laig. Most beautiful piece of weaponry i have ever seen. Lookin to get one myself

Doc Childs
    sig p250

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast