SAA for everyday carry? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SAA for everyday carry?

Hey Ringo question. Got an 1851 colt navy.....need some leathers for it any suggestions?SAA for everyday carry?-1375749675058.jpg

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    "There's two fly flags above my land that really sum up how I feel. One flies high and proud, the red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake with a simple statement shown 'Don't tread on me' is what I believe and I'll take it to my grave." - Aaron Watson

3. i might havta try one. i have a nylon uncle mike for a 22 that i use for snakes when i go creek fishin. nothin wrong with nylon to me. its wont rot, tear and will last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by supermedic08173 View Post
    Hey Ringo question. Got an 1851 colt navy.....need some leathers for it any suggestions?SAA for everyday carry?-1375749675058.jpg

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    "There's two fly flags above my land that really sum up how I feel. One flies high and proud, the red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake with a simple statement shown 'Don't tread on me' is what I believe and I'll take it to my grave." - Aaron Watson
    Nice Colt Doc. If you want "custom" leather I suggest El Paso Saddlery.

~ FIGHT CRIME-SHOOT BACK ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Cool thanks

Doc Childs
    sig p250

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    There wasn't much difference at all in the recoil after the shortening of the barrel in either .44 spl. or the magnum round. But wow, is the balance nice!

After
    Attachment 10083

~ Fight Crime-Shoot Back ~
    SAA for everyday carry?-image.jpg

I really like this and it looks similar to what you have done. I also own a Vaquero and thought about adding it to my allowable 3 CCW guns, but just registered my Kahr 40 and Sig 1911 Target. If I get the Birds Head, I would think about carrying it. I fire the Vaquero single handed, almost without aiming and always hit the target. Maybe the old Westerns can be learned from?

7. I have absolutely no civilian gunfight experience and truly hope I never do. As a retired Critical Care/Trauma RN who has practiced in the Emergency Dept and ICU at almost all of the Level 1 Trauma Centers in Northern California, I have cared for and treated a hell of a lot of human beings who have been gunshot. I've had patients shot with rifles, shotguns, and handguns with just about every common caliber round available. I've cared for victims, bad guys, and cops. Based on this experience, I concluded early on that shot placement is paramount in determining the survival, incapacitation, or demise of the person being shot. Unfortunately, this is why so many individuals who attempt suicide with a gun botch the job, they manage to shoot themselves, just not in the right spot.

Because shot placement is so important I've always believed that the weapon everyone should choose for self defense is the one you are most comfortable with and can operate most efficiently and accurately. It really doesn't matter what others think or use. I bought my wife a Sig P226 MK25 and she just wasn't comfortable with it, so we switched her to a S&W 642 2 inch hammerless from the Perfomance Center in 38 +P and she loves it. It now lives in a Blackhawk bedside holster on her side of the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Hey, if you want to play cowboy against the bad guys coming at you these days armed with semi-autos with high cap magazines, be my guest.

Happy trails.
    Back in the day, the Texas Rangers used to take on depression era bootleggers armed with Thompson sub machine guns with their colt single actions. The usual tactic of the Rangers was to draw the fire of the bootlegger and once he ran his magazine dry, they would step out from their cover and dispatch with one round of 45 long colt.

Adopting the weapons and tactics of unskilled thugs is a poor choice in defending your self. You don't fought fire with fire, you fight fire with water.

You guys crack me up. It is so obvious that the people defending carrying a SAA pistol for self-defense have ZERO real world experience with CQB and what it means to face down a threat in a real gun fight.

But hey, it's a free country, feel free to play Mr. Cowboy, just don't say you weren't warned when the moment of crisis comes and all you are running with is a six shot SAA revolver.

If they are so great, as you guys claim, I'm sure the military and law enforcement would still be using them...oh, wait...sorry, I don't want to confuse any FUDDS with facts.

LOL.

Well reverend just how many men have you killed in gunfights and to my way of thinking, shooting someone in the back doesn't count.

You go right ahead and use your SAA in a life threatening situation where your technique goes to crap, where your aiming goes to crap and where then you have to use fine motor skills to reload your wheel gun.

If they are such great defensive weapons I'm sure every law enforcement agency and military unit would still be using them.

The 1890s are calling...

LOL
    Gosh reverend, did you really just use the word "crap"? I hope your sermons aren't as worthless as your videos. Hell will be filled to the brim.

Quote Originally Posted by satilla308 View Post
    hey Ringo, I was wondering what holster you like to carry and what position. I have 2 matching case hardened frame 357 mags with 4.75" barrels and have been looking at the triple k #440. id love to open carry one of my saa since i shoot very often with them (sass) and have gotten very proficient em.
    I've had to change my mind about holsters. No negatives about the Uncle Mikes or the El Paso Saddelry, it's just that I've found a Bianchi Lawman Holster that is perfect for my carry, both open & concealed. Rides high and close to the body. (position-3:30)

SAA for everyday carry?-vequero-lawman.jpg

~ Fight Crime - Shoot Back ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast