Carry only one gun? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carry only one gun?

1. Thats just an echo from your past. Start the out board. Both are neat guns and I have to carry what I can conceal in my shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    Just curious. Several people recently have mentioned the Kel Tec .32. Why not the .380?
    I have both and I carry my P3AT (380) exclusively as my BUG.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

.32 Thoughts

A few years ago, my (now ex-) wife was working for a large drugsore chain and commented to me that she was worried when getting off work around 10:15 PM. The parking lot in the small shopping center would be almost empty and had poor lighting PLUS they were leaving the night's receipts inside the building. Closing crew was usually just two women. Anyway, she felt there was no way to carry a 9MM or larger and my .380's (Bersa and Sig) kicked too hard for control. I picked her up a .32 revolver, had her working the range at about 3-4 yards and she loved it. I basically told her if anyone tried to grab them to empty it in their gut. My guess was they would forget all about crime even if wearing a vest (especially since she tended to shoot a bit low).

As the previous poster says, the first rule of a gunfught is to bring a gun.

After we split up, she moved to CA with it. I sure hope she remembers her permit was from WA.......
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

5. I wear a Smith & Wesson revolver or I wear two Smith & Wesson revolvers. I don't wear two as often anymore, but I still do it on occaision. They are a 4" Model 28 Highway Patrolman & a 2 1/2" Model 66. I'm seriously considering acquiring a Smith & Wesson Model 640.

6. I find the S&W 442/642 to be a good second gun.

I like to carry my Beretta 92 on my hip when possible, but if I'm going somewhere like a pool hall or a bowling alley where it would just be popping up from under my shirt to say "Hello!" every five minutes, I tend to leave it in the glove box an carry my 380 in my inside jacket pocket for a cross draw. Guess I'm just relying on my situational awareness to tell me where to reach. The nice part of the full-size Beretta is, you can feel when its there and when it's not.

Bug

You guys make me envious, because whether I want to carry a BUG or not, NM does not allow but one carry gun! How's that for a "shall issue" state! I still need to get a straight answer from the Dept. Public Safety as to why that is. I carry either an SP 101, 5 shot, or GP 100, 6 shot. I do carry speed strips, but the old "NY reload" idea is appealing. Guess I'll have to just keep on practicing for the 10 ring, every time (I wish).
    sailor

9. Any feed back on derset eagle 44 mag. Does it shoot 44 mag ammo for wheel wheel gun?A friend has one for sale with scope for 950..

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Any feed back on derset eagle 44 mag. Does it shoot 44 mag ammo for wheel wheel gun?A friend has one for sale with scope for 950..
    It uses the standard rimmed 44 mag cartridge and not the automag. http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...ert_Eagle.html
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

11. Thank you for info on 44auto

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast