Sig p938
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig p938

1. Sig p938

I generally wear dress slacks with a dress shirt. I have found a pocket pistol the most comfortable carry. I tried an LC9 and a S&W j-frame before finding the sig P938. The LC9 had a long trigger pull and the j-frame was a little bulky in my pocket. The P938 gives me the fire power of a 9mm and is very accurate and comfortable in by front pocket. This has been a great find for me.

3. Love my 938 as well.

4. Added a truglo front sight and now it shoots low. The truglow seems higher than the back sights. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I'm going to try these out on my Ruger. I think they might fit the bill for a pocket Sig938.
    https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8357

6. I'm another 938 fan. I conceal mine much like you conceal yours, dress slacks and a shirt.

What pocket holster do you use? I've found a Barsony leather holster on Amazon that fits it well and conceals it nicely in my dress slacks. I've also found that I can carry with the 7 round mag this way. I've only used if for a couple of weeks, so I stop short of recommending it.

7. Kennydale,
    I have those xs sights on a BFR in 475 Linebaugh, but have had a heck of a time with them shooting high (might be my grip on the gun, or I might not be nestling the front sight low enough in the rear sight). Eitherway, at most self defense shootings, it probably wouldn't be a noticeable issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Moore View Post
    I generally wear dress slacks with a dress shirt. I have found a pocket pistol the most comfortable carry. I tried an LC9 and a S&W j-frame before finding the sig P938. The LC9 had a long trigger pull and the j-frame was a little bulky in my pocket. The P938 gives me the fire power of a 9mm and is very accurate and comfortable in by front pocket. This has been a great find for me.
    Love my Sig 938 as well. Best trigger and definitely one of the most controllable of several different small guns I tried before deciding on the 938. This is a first-rate firearm in my opinion (I am not affiliated with Sig Sauer in any way). You pay a little more for it than many other small "pocket" firearms, but I feel it was well worth the money. I really liked the fact that Sig was able to make such a shootable, controllable, and accurate small pistol in 9mm. Not my primary EDC. Certain occasions of dress determine when I carry it.

9. Holster

Quote Originally Posted by warthog97 View Post
    I'm another 938 fan. I conceal mine much like you conceal yours, dress slacks and a shirt.

What pocket holster do you use? I've found a Barsony leather holster on Amazon that fits it well and conceals it nicely in my dress slacks. I've also found that I can carry with the 7 round mag this way. I've only used if for a couple of weeks, so I stop short of recommending it.
    I use an Uncle Mike's. It was inexpensive and does the job well, however it is showing some wear ath the muzzle after a year and a half.

10. Newby here. Sportsterguy as I ride and race em. Am a retired U.S. Coast Guard Helo Rescue Swimmer, deputy sgeriff and now a survival instructor at the Coast Guards Helo Swimmer School. Carried a Colt Combat Commander since 93. 3 herniated discs brought me to buying a Rosewood. Is a b**** to assemble, but thanks to a forum members post on You Tube I got the slide stop installed. So far I have exactly 100 rounds of 115 gr. WWW through it after a thorough cleaning and treating it with Militec-1. Great stuff and the 938 ate em up! Swapper over to 124 gr. SGD's and after another 100 trouble free rounds I'm packing the lil guy. Back thanks me for it. Any suggestions on installing the guide rod and EXTREMELY stiff spring would be appreciated and glad to meet you 938 fans!

Sig Sauer P238 Tips: Inserting recoil assembly: http://youtu.be/bq64kU8K-Fg

It does take some hand strength...but once you do it a few times you will figure out the technique and it gets much easier.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast