Which gun is better? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which gun is better?

1. Very different guns, both very good. Striker fired vs. DA/SA, I prefer the DA/SA YMMV. M&P definitely has better aftermarket support, so you can tweak it to your style. If you go with the Beretta, use a little grease on the locking block instead of oil. The rotating barrel will thank you.

3. "Better" is subjective. Nobody can answer a "better" question. It's all up to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji40 View Post
    Very different guns, both very good. Striker fired vs. DA/SA, I prefer the DA/SA YMMV. M&P definitely has better aftermarket support, so you can tweak it to your style. If you go with the Beretta, use a little grease on the locking block instead of oil. The rotating barrel will thank you.
    I use grease on the slide too.
    Vietnam Veteran 1966 - 1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro - I've never had a failure of any kind with it.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    I have owned a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact and own the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm in a full size. I sold the Storm for one reason - it has an inconsistent trigger pull that I feel could cause problems in a life threatening situation. The trigger pull of an M&P will always be the same but with the Storm you'll need to adjust after the first shot fired from a double action trigger to a single action. In terms of reliability I've never had a problem with either.
    Cut It Out! Life threatening situations exacerbated by a double action single action trigger. Now I have heard everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I use grease on the slide too.
    If it slides grease it, if it rotates oil it.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

With the M&P you get 3 grip inserts and 2 mags, one flat and one extended. So you can set it up to fit almost every hand.
    They seem do digest about anything you want to run through it.
    Yes, I have a soft spot for the M&P. But to be honest I have not shot the Storm. If the Storm is anything like the 92 I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

I lean toward the Storm but either one is a good gun.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If it slides grease it, if it rotates oil it.

In HELL Everyone Is A Believer...It's Just Too Late.
    That's what I was always taught, but you have grease in wheel bearings. Grease stays where you put it, and all over your arms, how does that always happen? Some people who hate the rotating barrel, (ahem) Todd Green, claimed in their classes the guns (some LE Storm, Maryland I think) would lock up even when well oiled because it would flow out and dry out when shooting high round count courses. Haters gonna hate, I hear he has come around to understanding the 1911 is an excellent design. There is hope for him.

Not to get to far off subject, his blog has some excellent practice drills. http://http://pistol-training.com/

I would use grease on the Storm rotating barrel. Also remember that in gunfights a person usually only shoots 1 to 5 rounds so you don't have to worry about shooting 100 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by molon labe View Post
    Im thinking of getting a new pistol but i can't decide if i want the s&w m&p or the beretta storm any sugesstions?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using USA Carry mobile app
    That's like asking "which is better, Ford or Chevy?" They are both great, but until you shoot both, you won't know which is best for you.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast