Which gun is better?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which gun is better?

1. Which gun is better?

Im thinking of getting a new pistol but i can't decide if i want the s&w m&p or the beretta storm any sugesstions?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using USA Carry mobile app

3. I hear good things about the military and police models S&W However P.Berretta has Always been a good name and I have never had a problem with them. where as I have had issues with a few S&W models. ( of course they were sigs...Sooooo... I guess they dont count!) I wish I could be more help but both are good carry guns I hear and worthy of owning... My opinion... get em both! Then see which you carry more! Ha.

Have you held either of them yet? Have you shot either of them yet?

If the answer is no to either or both, I would do that first before making a decision. Both marques are well established and reliable, but it comes down to what feels best for you and which you can handle better.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

They are both excellent, great shooting pistols. I looked closely at them both and went with the M&P for one simple reason. With the 3 grip sizes that come with it, I could get a near perfect fit for my hand.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

6. I have the full size storm and love it

Quote Originally Posted by molon labe View Post
    Im thinking of getting a new pistol but i can't decide if i want the s&w m&p or the beretta storm any sugesstions?
    I look at it like this, buy the S&W you're putting Americans to work. Buy the Beretta and you're putting Italians to work.

I believe in Karma
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I look at it like this, buy the S&W you're putting Americans to work. Buy the Beretta and you're putting Italians to work.
    not quite true, many berretta pistols are made in MD, which the last time I checked is still here in the USA

I carry a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact and I love it. Great pistol.
    Vietnam Veteran 1966 - 1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro - I've never had a failure of any kind with it.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

I have owned a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact and own the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm in a full size. I sold the Storm for one reason - it has an inconsistent trigger pull that I feel could cause problems in a life threatening situation. The trigger pull of an M&P will always be the same but with the Storm you'll need to adjust after the first shot fired from a double action trigger to a single action. In terms of reliability I've never had a problem with either.

beretta comes in different actions

I have the m&p shield, and a px4 storm compact 40s&w and a full size px4 9mm. The full size has the constant action... So the trigger pull is the same every time. So if a consistent trigger pull is what you want, you can still have it in the px4 so it is still in the running. I carry them all on different ocations. My answer is.... Buy them both!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast