Small pistols? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Small pistols?

Check out the Kahr CM9, about the same size as most available .380s', with the more powerful-9mm. Couple up with a Remora Holster that fits, and can be worn in the pocket or IWB, you pick where and when. Good luck in your search.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill

I also Carry a Keltec PF9 in a Kangaroo carry sholder holster, Forget i am wearing it. It's very comfortable.

I like my TCP, I will carry IWB @ 1300 during the summer with an NAA .22lr Mini in my right front pocket. The recoil is meh w/ the TCP, I put some inner tube around the grip and upgraded to floor plates with finger extensions... it helps.

I have actually been interested in the NAA Gaurdian in either .32naa or .25naa. Has anybody handled one of these before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by migikesagiri View Post
    I was looking at getting one of the super small .380s like the Keltec P3AT, but they are kind of uncomfortable because I have fairly large hands. So I started looking at something more like the PF9 or a Beretta Nano. Still small, but slightly larger. I'm a pretty skinny guy (29" - 30" waist) so I would think that having a larger gun would be harder for me to conceal. Any thoughts for the thin guys with man hands?
    I have a 31" waist myself. 5'6" 115lbs. I EDC a Beretta Nano or Walther PPQ. I have also carried a Kahr K9, a Gov't 1911, and Tokarev TT33. I have no problem at all concealing them without printing with as little as shorts and a T-shirt.
    I have a variety of holsters including leather OWB, Hybrid IWB, AIWB, and belly-bands.

Small pistols?-dscf7794.jpg

Small pistols?-dscf7796.jpg

Small pistols?-dscf7799.jpg

These are a few with a belly band, the Nano, and two 8rnd spare mags. I don't have a handy shot of me wearing the PPQ, but it conceals just as well right up against my kidney. at around 4 o'clock. I even carry a Fobus paddle mag carrier with two spare mags when I carry AIWB or wear the hybris at 4 o'clock. With the t-shirt untucked I can hide everything. Tucked T-shirt, I can hide the gun, but the paddle mag holder has to go since it sits outside the pants.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

THE REAL CAPTAIN JACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by migikesagiri View Post
    I was looking at getting one of the super small .380s like the Keltec P3AT, but they are kind of uncomfortable because I have fairly large hands. So I started looking at something more like the PF9 or a Beretta Nano. Still small, but slightly larger. I'm a pretty skinny guy (29" - 30" waist) so I would think that having a larger gun would be harder for me to conceal. Any thoughts for the thin guys with man hands?
    Try the Taurus PT111 its 9mm. My tiny 100 pound wife carrys one everywhere. Easy for her to conceal and all she wears are skin tight clothes. I carry one as a back up to my glock.

GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

You also might want to look at the Taurus PT709 Slim(9mm) or PT740 Slim(40 s&w). Both are less than an inch wide and weigh about 19 oz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

or if you really want something small, look into a .22 magnum derringer.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I have a 31" waist myself. 5'6" 115lbs. I EDC a Beretta Nano or Walther PPQ. I have also carried a Kahr K9, a Gov't 1911, and Tokarev TT33. I have no problem at all concealing them without printing with as little as shorts and a T-shirt.
    I have a variety of holsters including leather OWB, Hybrid IWB, AIWB, and belly-bands.
    GlassWolf, does the belly-band interfere with your pump infusion site?

Not at all. I alternate sites every 3 days, and generally use the kidney area, hips, sides of the stomach, and thighs. I don't really have enough meat on my arms to use those as sites, and my stomach itself is all scar tissue so I can't use that area due to all the adhesion tissue. The band doesn't get in the way of any of it, though. Honestly the holster that does cause me the most trouble in that regard is my hybrid IWB, but only when I use my right hip/butt as the infusion site, since the holster's bottom edge usually ends up right over top of the site, so they rub.. or my right kidney area for the same reason.. The belly band is just elastic though, so even if it goes right over an infusion site it doesn't affect anything (I use soft canulas on my infusion sites, so no metal needles like the old stuff from years ago.)
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    or if you really want something small, look into a .22 magnum derringer.
    With this said, in short barreled .22 pistols such as a derringer or NAA Mini... you're better served shooting .22lr instead of .22 WMR. The ballistic and terminal advantage of .22 WMR over the .22lr is near null. Like shooting .357 mags in a snubby instead of a .38Spl, you just get more flash and recoil with minimal terminal advantage.

My .02 cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast