Opinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    As I said, I've owned multiple Taurus guns, all of which have had at least 1,000 rounds through them without one single hiccup. A group of us took our brand new Glock 22's out the other day and within the first 3 mags, I had 1 failure to eject and one stove pipe. The guy next to me had 1 or 2 jams as well, but I'm not sure exactly what the issue was. They're Glocks, not God.
    I have to laugh at all the guys out there - and the glock high command as well - who really believe that "glock perfection" is a statement of reality, not a marketing slogan!

bowserb: Why do you think a Taurus sells for only 60% of the price of its comparable quality name brands?
    Gee, I don't know. Maybe for the same reason MANY brands made overseas do - much lower cost of production as compared to Europe or the US? And glock is starting to take some market share hits. LA County SD just finalized a deal for 13,000 firearms! Those RSA and MIM firing pin problems are beginning to bite them in the backside.

Bersa is made out of country also but is an excellent gun for a moderate price. Also, I believe that .380 acp is starting to over-take the
    9mm in popularity.

4. If I might chime in...

I did a year's worth of research before investing in my home defense pistol. I'll admit, I really wanted a Glock19, a gun I had shot often at the range with friends. But I was not up to snuff with all the offerings available and wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked anything.

I was drawn to the Taurus pistols because of their look and price point, but inevitably in ever review, there'd be some comment of how "it'd be a great little gun if it wasn't a Taurus". Yes, they've had a bad QC reputation in the past, but from everything I've heard about them recently, they're very reputable. Any instance of a part breaking gets fixed by them for free (minus shipping to them, and even THAT'S free during the first year). I've yet to have a FTF or FTE with mine (a PT809) and the only thing I can complain about is the mag release is a bit tough.

But I've handled the PT111 G2 and will be buying it as my carry gun in the future!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123