Opinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm

1. Question Opinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm

I am recently disabled and currently wheelchair-bound and can't afford to spend more than $400 for a personal protection / concealed carry handgun.

I've been looking at the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 in 9mm with the 12-round magazine. This updated version seems to be getting decent reviews, but I can always use more information.

Any of you good folks out there have any experience with this particular gun, good or bad? Thanks!

3. I have a Taurus PT111, 1st Gen since 2003, and don't have any complaint. No FTF or FTE. The main difference is that mine holds only 10+1 rounds, and the trigger travel is longer and harder than Gen 2. It's a nice little pistol.

Opinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm-img-20130808-wa0000.jpgOpinions on the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 12-Round 9mm-1376449330497.jpg

Love this weapon. Wouldn't recommend anything else, while your in this price range. The gun feels amazing in your hand, conceals easily, is dependable, I have put 2000 plus rounds through mine and have yet to have an issue.

Look at the Bersa BP9cc polymer 9mm carry gun.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Look at the Bersa BP9cc polymer 9mm carry gun.
    The Bersa BP9cc has an 8+1 capacity and a magazine disconnect safety.

The Taurus PT111 G2 has a 12+1 capacity, a thumb safety but no magazine safety.

This round goes to the Taurus PT111 G2.

7. There's not a larger version of this gun is there? I plan to buy one some time soon and was looking on gunbroker and some say "sub compact" and some don't. But Taurus is only showing one size for the PT-111. Just wanted to be sure before I ordered.

8. This gun is in the subcompact category, roughly the same size as a Glock 26, but narrower. If you are looking for larger, look at the 24/7 G2 in both full-sized and compact versions.

9. Quote Originally Posted by PCnotPC View Post
    This gun is in the subcompact category, roughly the same size as a Glock 26, but narrower. If you are looking for larger, look at the 24/7 G2 in both full-sized and compact versions.
    Nah I'd rather stick with smaller. I was just making sure I didn't accidentally get the bigger version if there was one.

10. Just got my PT-111 today. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but handling and all, it seems good. Only problem I have with it is I think I may have to take some sandpaper to the texturing on the right side of the grip to see if it will smooth out. Cause I like to wear those Nike DriFit shirts and they pick really easy and I've already had my shirt snag on the texturing once already. I'll probably just do it on the side facing my shirt though cause I do like the feel of the rough grip.

11. Quote Originally Posted by PCnotPC View Post
    I am recently disabled and currently wheelchair-bound and can't afford to spend more than $400 for a personal protection / concealed carry handgun.

I've been looking at the Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 in 9mm with the 12-round magazine. This updated version seems to be getting decent reviews, but I can always use more information.

Any of you good folks out there have any experience with this particular gun, good or bad? Thanks!
    Not sure if you've made your decision yet or already gotten anything, but I finally had a chance to shoot my PT111 G2 for the first time today and man, for $350 bucks you couldn't ask for a better shooting gun. Hell, in my opinion you couldn't ask for a better shooting gun for $5-600! Feels awesome in the hand, manages recoil very well, sights are accurate. I put 300 rounds through it today with no hiccups at all. I even did 1 full magazine limp wristed to try and make it jam and it never did. Did a couple magazines firing as fast as I could and also no problems and still had a great grouping. I've got an old faithful holster on the way for it, so if it shows its dependability for another 2-300 more rounds it'll probably become my new EDC along with the Walther PPS. I just can't say enough about how awesome this gun is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast