Can someone give me an idea on price?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can someone give me an idea on price?

  1. #1

    Question Can someone give me an idea on price?

    A friend of my son was out shooting with us and fell in love with my mod. 85 Taurus .38spl. He now wants to buy it, but I'm not sure what it's worth as I've had it for some time. Thanks for your help.

    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

  2.   
  3. #2
    GunBroker.com is always a good place to start. GunBroker.com Search Results: taurus 38spl mod 85

    You can also check on those that have been sold.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    GunBroker.com is always a good place to start. GunBroker.com Search Results: taurus 38spl mod 85

    You can also check on those that have been sold.
    Thanks. In regards to "those that have been sold" are you referring to the same website? If so how do you do that?
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    AcutionArms is another good site. Or, since it's your son, can't you just give it to him? It'll still be in the family, and I'm pretty sure he'll let you shoot it whenever you feel like it.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    AcutionArms is another good site. Or, since it's your son, can't you just give it to him? It'll still be in the family, and I'm pretty sure he'll let you shoot it whenever you feel like it.
    It's not my son, it's his friend that wants it or I would just give it to him. Besides the guy makes good money, I feel like telling him just to go buy new.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepWaters View Post
    It's not my son, it's his friend that wants it or I would just give it to him. Besides the guy makes good money, I feel like telling him just to go buy new.
    If that is your guts speaking go with it yo are under no obligation to sell it. Unless you have others exactly like it I have yet to find a good reason to sell a gun and have yet to sell a gun that I did not regret at some point selling. So IMO don't or if you do double the price of the nicest custom 85 Taurus .38spl. you can find so you can replace it.
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

  8. #7
    My dealer has them new for 200.00 in the store, so this depends on you.
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    My dealer has them new for 200.00 in the store, so this depends on you.
    Who is this dealer and will he ship? The cheapest wholesale price is $257 for a Taurus 85.

    TAURUS Model 85 Revolver Taurus 5 Round 38 Special w/2" Barrel/Fixed Sights/Blue Finish

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Who is this dealer and will he ship? The cheapest wholesale price is $257 for a Taurus 85.

    TAURUS Model 85 Revolver Taurus 5 Round 38 Special w/2" Barrel/Fixed Sights/Blue Finish
    Second that request not really looking for a revolver much less a 38 still at that price it is worth looking into
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

  11. #10
    Okay,

    I went to talk to him to make sure he would ship and see if there was a problem, and I was looking at a used gun...

    MY MISTAKE

    This was not done to lessen the value of any deal or value of any gun, it was purely unintentional.

    But it looked like it had never been fired, no visible ring or any wear....
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast