Opinions on hi point - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on hi point

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    My opinion is based on the fact that I've heard and read that they are pieces of *****.
    You've never formed an opinion on something based on trusted sources and experiences from your friends?

Also look up the definition of opinion before you start critising others you ignorant panty waste.

So, OP, that's my opinion. Don't waste your money, just google "Hi-point" and watch the glowing reviews roll in or trust the opinion of someone who's unsure of what the word even means.
    the difference is that you are offering HEARSAY, while others whom actually held, shot or owned one will have better insights as to the quality/reliability of the weapon, the OP is correct in this matter your OPINION does not have too much value

Quote Originally Posted by cougar98332 View Post
    you've "heard"? your opinion means nothing as it is clearly not based on fact or experience.
    Ok Mr. Arrogance. Why don't you go ahead and look up the definition of opinion. Last I checked he was just as titled to an opinion as your stuck-up ass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the difference is that you are offering HEARSAY, while others whom actually held, shot or owned one will have better insights as to the quality/reliability of the weapon, the OP is correct in this matter your OPINION does not have too much value
    First off, get your reading and lingo straight before you post next time. The OP never, up to this point, said my opinion doesn't matter. It was the douche-troll cougar98332.
    Second, I'll again refer you to the definition of Opinion: A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. You don't have to have first-hand knowledge to form an opinion about anything.
    I'll pose the same question to you that douche-troll cougar98332 refused to answer: Have you ever, at any time, formed any opinion on anything based on trusted sources and experiences from your friends? If several of your friends told you what a piece of junk a certain maker of truck was would you rush out and by one for yourself just so you can form an opinion? Hell no you wouldn't because you trust your friends and their judgment enough to form an opinion. So don't come at me with all this "your opinion doesn't have value" bull$hit. That's what makes an opinion an opinion. If the OP had said "First-hand knowledge on Hi-Points" or "Experience with Hi-Points" your right my opinion wouldn't have much value. However, they asked for "Opinions on Hi-Points" and I gave mine which perfectly fits the definition of the word opinion. Hearsay is what forms opinions, especially about purchases. Do people go out and buy the appliance that gets bad ratings online and Consumer Reports says don't buy because they need to form and opinion? NO, they stay away from the crap and if you asked them their opinion on that appliance they'd probably tell you "From what I've read and seen my opinion is that they're garbage."
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

5. One person's opinion based on use is less valid in response to "are they reliable" than collected opinions based on usage reports of large numbers of people reported by someone who has never shot one. Whether a gun is reliable or not is a function of large numbers of personal experiences, and those reports are even more reliable when they cover a considerable period of time. One report based on personal experience with one gun is valid only as a single data point and not necessarily valid as an accurate characterization of the likely quality and reliability of other guns from that manufacturer. (I'm sure you can find individual Yugo and Chevy Vega owners who were absolutely delighted with their cars and who therefore thought all of that make and model were sensational. I'm even surer that rational people would base their decision whether to buy such a car not on the incidental positive personal experience but on the collected reports of many owners as reported second-hand by a consumer reporter or car writer who has never set his rear in one).

I owned 2 Hi Point .45's I think they are the best of the bunch I've heard other people have problems with the 380 and the 9mm but the 45 was great ,fun to shoot good bed stand gun or gun to leave in your car if it's stolen no big deal, try to find one it's not easy the 45's are always sold out the customer service is incrediable I bought one used and all the springs were weak I sent it in and they replaced all the springs the firing pin and the slide (it had a few small scratches on it) and gave me an extra magazine for my trouble and they had it less then 2 weeks check Youtube Hi Point tourture tests you'll see how reliable they are
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Geesh - if who you are depends on what someone else thinks of you, it says a lot about what you are. Insert a derogatory name here if you think it would fit.

Opinions on hi point

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    My opinion is based on the fact that I've heard and read that they are pieces of *****.
    You've never formed an opinion on something based on trusted sources and experiences from your friends?

Also look up the definition of opinion before you start critising others you ignorant panty waste.

So, OP, that's my opinion. Don't waste your money, just google "Hi-point" and watch the glowing reviews roll in or trust the opinion of someone who's unsure of what the word even means.
    Bad day?

For what it's worth, I have not owned nor shot a Hi-Point. I've heard mixed reviews about them.

My opinion is that I don't have an opinion about Hi-Point.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Before purchasing anything critical like a firearm that you are planning on using to defend your life, would you purchase something that has a 90% chance of working, or a 99.99% chance of working?
    I'm sure that Hi-Point is not a "bad" gun, but since I have never heard of any LEO's carrying one, or any military, I'll trust their OPINION over anyone else. They put their life on the line on a daily basis, and if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me. For just using at the range, absolutely nothing wrong with a Hi-Point, wouldn't mind owning one for that reason myself.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast