Need Some Advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some Advice

Ditto!!

Blog Entries
    I'm actually surprised you even had to ask to be honest. He should have called LE immediately and never touched the gun in the first place. If it was used in a crime it's contaminated now and may cause problems down the line.
    If you see a bomb on the side of the road do you take it home and have your friend ask what to do with it on an internet forum?
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I'm actually surprised you even had to ask to be honest. He should have called LE immediately and never touched the gun in the first place. If it was used in a crime it's contaminated now and may cause problems down the line.
    If you see a bomb on the side of the road do you take it home and have your friend ask what to do with it on an internet forum?
    Depends how nice a bomb it is.

Totally different subject.......Has anyone made a cross draw holster? I saw an article a while back about buying the materials from a company and building your own holster. It seems you heat the material and form it to your gun, then you would need to position and secure it to the leather backer.
    I'm thinking I might be able to make a cross draw holster this way.
    Any comments, thoughts, ideas past experiences?
    Would love to hear about them.
    Rickey O'Shields

Sig 250 hope it wasn't tossed in owner frustration ?

Let Popo know the facts sounds like the correct answer !

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    Yes, and I try to diffuse it first... that way the LE's don't get all the fun stuff to do.

~ ok, if you didn't know that was sarcasm, please don't respond back, if you did, enjoy your smile.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by zrick View Post
    Totally different subject.......Has anyone made a cross draw holster? I saw an article a while back about buying the materials from a company and building your own holster. It seems you heat the material and form it to your gun, then you would need to position and secure it to the leather backer.
    I'm thinking I might be able to make a cross draw holster this way.
    Any comments, thoughts, ideas past experiences?
    Would love to hear about them.
    I've seen that kit too. The material you are referring to is called Kydex. There are many good holsters on the market that are already made with kydex. If you are hellbent on making your own, great, you probably will save a few bucks. However, have you practiced cross draw before? If you have and you know how not to cross over others when you draw from that position, great; if not, I would suggest not going there. Too many people I have seen do not know how to draw from a cross draw well and they end up muzzling the area beside them and in front of them before they are on target. I've actually stopped someone from practicing at a range because he was crossing over others at the range to his left each time he pulled from his holster.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12