Russian assembled Glocks...
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Russian assembled Glocks...

  1. #1
    ezkl2230 Guest

    Russian assembled Glocks...

    Glocks are already being assembled in Russia, and Rostec, which owns the Kalashnikov facility (formerly Izmash), just signed an agreement with Steyr Mannlicher according to the Moscow Times (Rostec Joins Forces with Austrian Companies | Business | The Moscow Times). Guns.com speculates that a full-blown Russian Glock facility may also be in the works (Russian firm Rostech partners with Steyr, Glock a possibility).


  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    And whether one thinks that this is a good or a bad thing... one can always take the entire 36 part firearm apart with one 3/32" punch and make sure it was assembled well and then put it all back in under 5 minutes.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    And whether one thinks that this is a good or a bad thing... one can always take the entire 36 part firearm apart with one 3/32" punch and make sure it was assembled well and then put it all back in under 5 minutes.
    Very true. I don't have anything functionally against it, I just don't like the idea of my guns saying Russia on them. Not that they will. No point in shipping them over here from Russia when they already have a plant here in the US. I'm assuming it'll just be for the Euro-Asian market.

  5. #4
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Very true. I don't have anything functionally against it, I just don't like the idea of my guns saying Russia on them. Not that they will. No point in shipping them over here from Russia when they already have a plant here in the US. I'm assuming it'll just be for the Euro-Asian market.
    The Asian and African markets are the stated destination for the Russian made Glocks, however, you know that there are Glock aficionados out there who are going to want an example of each variant made for their collection.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Very true. I don't have anything functionally against it, I just don't like the idea of my guns saying Russia on them. Not that they will. No point in shipping them over here from Russia when they already have a plant here in the US. I'm assuming it'll just be for the Euro-Asian market.
    The Asian and African markets are the stated destination for the Russian made Glocks, however, you know that there are Glock aficionados out there who are going to want an example of each variant made for their collection.
    Of course there are lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast