Anyone seen the XDS back in stock yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the XDS back in stock yet?

1. I am in the same boat, I went to buy one and found out that they have been recalled, oh well I guess I can wait a few weeks and carry my existing pistol for now.

3. I too love my xds. I shot over a thousand rounds though it with no issues. I did mail it in for recall and they received it on 9-11. I agree with the other fella. I just feel naked without it. I have a Taurus 24/7 I am carrying now waiting for my little friend to return. When it finds its way back home I have a few welcome back presents for it. A new Hidden hybrid holster and crimson trace combo I purchased last week. I understand issues arise especially on a very successful sub compact .45 and guess there were bound to be some issues. I give Springfield cudos for jumping on the recall quickly and handling all costs but I sure miss my xds and would still recommend it to friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using USA Carry mobile app

ezkl2230 Guest
    Update on the turnaround time for repairs - will also effect the production of new inventory. From the recall FAQ page.

This information applies only to XD-S pistols in the serial number ranges below

Springfield 3.3 XD-S 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We also understand your frustration with our lack of follow-up communication to this point and we are committing to you now that we will provide regular updates going forward.

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution. We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.
    Why it's taking so long:

We pledge to you that we are working as fast as we can, and have greatly increased our staff and number of shifts to ensure that we are leveraging every hour in the day.

We understand that our decision to announce a voluntary safety recall without a final solution in place has caused confusion and frustration. We sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. However, your safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. And that is why we decided to issue the voluntary safety recall before we had a guaranteed upgrade solution in place.

Our decision not to wait was based on putting you, our customer, first. Some companies build in several weeks of lead time before announcing their recalls. But, we didn't feel that was the most responsible approach in this case since our priority is your safety.

Please know that we are committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are committed to ensuring that you will be very pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S. As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S until the upgrade has been performed.
    Since they haven't identified a solution yet, they would also have to halt the production of new inventory. It could be weeks or months before new stock hits the shelves.

ezkl2230 Guest
    10/04/13 update:

XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall FAQ
    Updated Oct. 4, 2013
    This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

Thank you for the positive response to our voluntary safety recall and to our most recent update. We exercised extreme caution by issuing this recall and we did so because safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. We truly appreciate the enormous support, patience and loyalty of our customers and we remain committed to resolving this matter quickly and ensuring that you are pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

As we noted in last Friday's update, our testing of potential upgrade solutions has continued and we are pleased to tell you that we have made significant progress over the last seven days. We have now identified what we believe is our final upgrade solution and throughout this coming week we will be continuing with our thorough and exhaustive testing of that solution. It's because of our commitment to your safety that we are conducting such extensive testing and we are working as fast as we can so that we can return your upgraded pistol to you.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We expect to have more definitive information to share with you by Friday, October 11.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    I was at a local SGS about a week ago and the XDs was in stock, both 45 and 9. I thought the recall was voluntary, and units were still being sold with the buyer responsible for returning the unit for recall work.
    IMO they should not be selling them until SA finds a fix and implements it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Go XDM 3.8. I got mine for 600 brand new on Armslist.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    Go XDM 3.8. I got mine for 600 brand new on Armslist.
    Good idea. If you can stand the short grip on an XDS, the grip on that gun should be no problem. Or, if single stack is your objective, there are lots of compact aluminum frame 1911's. Most "officers" size 1911's have slightly longer grips than the XDS plus more rounds in the mag (for this purpose, I discount the XDS extended mag/grip, as my prior experience with an XD9SC was terrible with the X-Tend mag--too wobbly, and mine was also unreliable). Colt, Kimber, Sig Sauer, and most mfrs have an officer's size 1911 these days. I like the Sig Sauer Ultra with 3.25" barrel, aluminum frame, and night sights. Kimber has a 3" lightweight with full size grip and 8rd mag. And of course, the Colt Defender is a perennial favorite as well. Any of these would be, imo, superior to the XDS--particularly when SA has only recently figured out what to do to fix every single XDS they have ever made!

ezkl2230 Guest
    You can receive recall updates by text message if you text XDS to 25827.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Here is a copy of the email I sent to Springfield, along with the response I just received:

To Whom It May Concern:

We are now a month down the road from when the recall notice was first issued, and you still have not yet identified a fix for the XD-S problem. I certainly understand the desire for safety, but your approach was wrong - especially if there were as few incidents as you have indicated.

If there were truly as few cases as has been represented (and I have been acquainted with dozens of XD-S owners who have fired hundreds or more rounds through their firearms without incident, so I do believe the number of trouble firearms is indeed very small), then you should have waited until you had a fix in place and dealt with the trouble firearms on a case-by-case basis rather than disarm thousands of your customers. Frankly, slam fires are not at all unheard of in semi-auto handguns with free-floating firing pins, and unintended double-taps are also not unheard of if the free-floating firing pin somehow gets stuck. No one would have minded waiting a couple of weeks for their firearm to be fixed, but a couple of months or more is absurd. Additionally, there are those in law enforcement and security who rely on these firearms and need them on a daily basis; by the time you finally find a fix for this problem, you will have deprived them of the use of their firearm for MONTHS - and probably lost customers in the process. This is having an effect on new firearm sales as well.

Again, I understand the desire for safety, but this would have been better handled on a case-by case basis until you developed a fix.

Thank you for your email and input into our XD-S recall. All of our customers safety was our number one concern when we initiated the voluntary recall. We honestly did feel that we had the upgrade in place and would have been able to turn them around in the first 30 days. We are currently endurance testing what we feel is our final solution and hope to have more information by this Friday afternoon. Again, I do thank you for your email and please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Thank you,
    Dawn
    Recall Center Supervisor

ezkl2230 Guest
    Springfield posted another update today:

XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall Update Status
    Updated 10/09/2013
    This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion

We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.

We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.

We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share. We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.

In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast