Anyone seen the XDS back in stock yet?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the XDS back in stock yet?

1. Anyone seen the XDS back in stock yet?

After a long deliberation on which gun to get, I decided on the Springfield XDS 9mm.
    Unfortunately the day I went to go purchase it was 2 days after the recall.
    I have not seen it in stock yet.
    I'm hoping it will be back soon as I'm really excited to get my hands on it.
    Has anyone seen it or know when it might be coming back?

There is a recall on this gun. You might want to wait or look for a post-recall model. If you're interested in a 9mm carry pistol, you might also look at the Glock 19--the all time favorite concealed carry pistol, and in fact, probably the all time favorite all-purpose 9mm pistol. I personally carry a full size SA XDM-45 4.5", but I used to carry a G19 and still regret selling it, although it was to a friend.

ezkl2230 Guest
    I received an email from Springfield a week or so ago. I have an XDS .45 on order from them. They said new gun shipments will likely be delayed a few weeks as the begin to address the recall, but they will be shipping new arms as soon as they can. They should be starting to work on the recalled firearms some time this week according to the email.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    There is a recall on this gun. You might want to wait or look for a post-recall model. If you're interested in a 9mm carry pistol, you might also look at the Glock 19--the all time favorite concealed carry pistol, and in fact, probably the all time favorite all-purpose 9mm pistol. I personally carry a full size SA XDM-45 4.5", but I used to carry a G19 and still regret selling it, although it was to a friend.

I have the same XDm so what kind of holster you carrying it in, I do have a alien gear holster coming but I don't have it yet?

6. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I received an email from Springfield a week or so ago. I have an XDS .45 on order from them. They said new gun shipments will likely be delayed a few weeks as the begin to address the recall, but they will be shipping new arms as soon as they can. They should be starting to work on the recalled firearms some time this week according to the email.
    Thanks for the update!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Updated FAQ on recall web site:

Q1: What is the anticipated turnaround time for this recall?
    A1: Our current turnaround time is approximately 30 days from the date your pistol is received. Although we are unable to quote an exact timeframe in which your pistol will be returned to you, please know that it is Springfield Armory's highest priority to complete this process as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and support!
    According to the Springfield rep from whom I received an email about two weeks ago, recall work was supposed to begin this week.

I was at a local SGS about a week ago and the XDs was in stock, both 45 and 9. I thought the recall was voluntary, and units were still being sold with the buyer responsible for returning the unit for recall work.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    I was at a local SGS about a week ago and the XDs was in stock, both 45 and 9. I thought the recall was voluntary, and units were still being sold with the buyer responsible for returning the unit for recall work.
    Same with my lgs. He has to send one xds back but had 3 others there that were okay. Keep looking you will find one.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    I thought the recall was voluntary, and units were still being sold with the buyer responsible for returning the unit for recall work.
    It is voluntary on the part of the buyer, but most of the big box retailers shipped them back to Springfield rather than take the chance of selling a firearm that might turn out to have the problem covered by the recall. It's all about liability. If the company for which I work sells a firearm under recall that later turns out to be defective and the purchaser is injured as a result, who is going to be sued? The company that sold it.

And as a practical consideration, if I try to sell a firearm that is currently under recall, just how many customers are likely to buy it knowing that they are going to have to turn right around and send it in to the manufacturer to be repaired - especially knowing that it will likely be gone for a minimum of 30 days? Probably not too many. I have to reassure customers as it is that the S&W Shields we now have in stock again have been certified by the manufacturer to be safe, I will have to convince purchasers of the Springfield XD-S of the same thing when we get them back in stock, and I have to address the concerns of potential buyers of Gen 4 Glocks regarding the return spring assembly "upgrade" (Glock's term for a recall) and MIM firing pin problems experienced by some law enforcement agencies (yeah, the MIM firing pin problem that Glock is insisting is an ammunition problem rather than a problem with making a firing pin from a softer metal; evidently it is the responsibility of the ammo manufacturer to accommodate Glock's design changes).

It's safer for the retailer to send these units back to the manufacturer to have the work done before we try to sell them to the general public.

11. I miss the XD-S. The Springfield Champion I'm carrying now keeps pulling my belt loose and my pants down. Can't run from BGs with that going-on.

I'm patiently awaiting my XD-S .45 return. At 1300 rounds through it, it's become part of my wardrobe, and an extension of me. It's hard to explain, but it is always ready, and never noticed. I'm sure there are equal or better (or worse) options in a concealed sidearm, but this one just felt right to me, after weeks of renting, putting all kinds of small carry sidearms through their paces.

Most surprising was felt recoil. A hard push, instead of a snappy, muzzle flipping recoil. Low bore line, and high grip, probably.

With some different color mepros (green rears, red front) and a rail light, it's even better.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast