Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there?

Ive always wanted a revolver, but always seem to find a good semi to pick up. Im going to be putting money down on a revolver soon. Not sure what kind just yet, theres something about the old wheel gun that draws a satisfaction of owning, maybe its because they look like a gentleman's gun and also strike the fear of god into a BG much like a shotgun.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I also am a "Revolver Lover". They have "character", history, and a certain feel. I carry a Ruger KLCR .357mag/.38l as my EDC, with .357magbeing my favorite load, and accordingly .38spl and +P, such versatility! For hunting, and big predator protection (home too), the .45LColt is my choice. I guess I could sum up my fondness for revolvers in one word-RELIABILTY. Take care, all!
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill

Picked up this little gem last week. Taurus M 605ss in 357 Magnum.Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
    Want to get some Hogue grips for it. Two fingers seems like a stretch for me in 357.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Picked up this little gem last week. Taurus M 605ss in 357 Magnum.Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
    Want to get some Hogue grips for it. Two fingers seems like a stretch for me in 357.
    You'll definitely want some Hogues. I had the same two finger grip on my S&W Airweight .357. Between that and the fact that the backstrap was bare, that gun put a beating on your hands. The hogue monogrip I got for it was awesome. Makes it a little harder to conceal and doesn't look quite as good IMO but it makes it a joy to shot

Guy on another forum in Mi. sent me a PM that he had a set of Taurus extended grips.
    They fit perfect, best part is, he GAVE them to me.
    Restored my faith in humanity.
    Range report tomorrow.

Just got back from the range. That little bugger is a handfull.
    38's were pretty snappy, but the 357's are WOW !!!

I have shot revolvers all of my life. While I currently carry a semi-auto (most of the time), I still keep a .44 Special Ruger Blackhawk on the bed stand for home protection and two S&W J frames near the doors. My wife keeps a S&W Model 15 in her laundry room.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Just got back from the range. That little bugger is a handfull.
    38's were pretty snappy, but the 357's are WOW !!!
    I don't operate shooting magnum loads in snubs. Even if I had a .357mag, I would only carry/shoot .38Spl through it. In reality, look at the ballistics and you'll see you gain very, very little when shooting .357 magnums from a snub compared to .38s. You get a wee bit more fps but, mostly more recoil and noise... recoil is bad when you need to drop a threat rapidly with follow up shots. I'll gladly take the ability to empty the cylinder of my .38 in a few seconds with a hand-sized group, over one or two okay shots from a magnum. Before anybody says, "Yeah, but it's a magnum and I only need one shot!" remember the ballistics thing... in that snub, your magnum is of no real benefit over my meager .38Spl at 700fps. Save your wrists, palms and shot time... shoot .38s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

"Recoil and noise", shock and awe ! Exactly what I was looking for.
    This is strictly a range gun, another "toy" if you will. Never intended to carry it or use it for HD.
    I only NEED 1 gun & it's a 1911. The rest I have are "because I cans"

11. I bought a Charter Arms snubbie when I was a kid. 42 years later I bought a Taurus 85 ultra-lite for my wife. Guess I'll never grow up.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast