Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there?

1. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    You'll definitely want some Hogues. I had the same two finger grip on my S&W Airweight .357. Between that and the fact that the backstrap was bare, that gun put a beating on your hands. The hogue monogrip I got for it was awesome. Makes it a little harder to conceal and doesn't look quite as good IMO but it makes it a joy to shot
    I put some hogues on my wifes's Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite, and I even like them...a lot.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

THE REAL CAPTAIN JACK Guest
    My SHHTF "End of the World" gun is a beautiful .44 magnum single six in a custom drop leg holster. Wheel guns are always great but people new to guns may find them a bit awkward.

GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

4. Most of the guns I own are big-bore semi-autos (10mm Auto and 45 ACP) and my carry guns - so far - are from that group.
    However I have a nice S&W N-frame in 45 Colt, a 4" bbl Colt Trooper in 357 Mag, A 6.5" bbl Ruger Blackhawk in 41 Mag, a number of SAA clones, and a replica 2nd Model Dragoon. I am currently scouting for two wheelguns : another 41 Mag Blackhawk - but with the 4-5/8" bbl - and a Taurus 444 snubby.
    I want the shorter Blackhawk for a project gun and the Taurus snubby will be an alternative carry gun. I like big bore revolvers because they operate regardless of the loading - I can go heavy bullet and mild recoil or heavy/heavy recoil depending on how well I shoot that particular pistol and load.

5. I certainly am a fan of revolvers. I have a 686 6", a GP100, and a model 28 both in 4". I feel the need to add a snubby to my collection. The thought of modifying my 686 to a 3 or 2.5 inch appeals to me. I have spoken to a couple smiths and everyone seems excited about the project I just need to get the money together to undertake the project. Mag na Port is nearby the house and was thinking of having them cut the barrel back and having it ported. Anyone have any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Kavka View Post
    I certainly am a fan of revolvers. I have a 686 6", a GP100, and a model 28 both in 4". I feel the need to add a snubby to my collection. The thought of modifying my 686 to a 3 or 2.5 inch appeals to me. I have spoken to a couple smiths and everyone seems excited about the project I just need to get the money together to undertake the project. Mag na Port is nearby the house and was thinking of having them cut the barrel back and having it ported. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Oh yes, one always needs a snuby

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234