Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there?

1. Wheelguns Are there any fans still out there?

I own and appreciate Semis, but I have a love affair with revolvers. For target shooting, for woods carry, for bedside table defense guns, I think they can't be beat. How many other 'old timers' are there out there besides me? What wheelguns do you own or wish to own? What is your favorite caliber for defense, hunting, plinking, varminting with revolvers?

First pistol I ever shot was a 1911 when I was 18 in the Corps.
    Have always had semi-auto's untill recently.
    I too became interested in revolvers. I have 4 now, & will have
    another soon.
    I prefer to carry a semi-auto, just for the added capacity.

4. Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    First pistol I ever shot was a 1911 when I was 18 in the Corps.
    Have always had semi-auto's untill recently.
    I too became interested in revolvers. I have 4 now, & will have
    another soon.
    I prefer to carry a semi-auto, just for the added capacity.
    I still own a 1911 and will always own at least one. Great guns. I carry an Officers .45 whenever I go somewhere where I feel the need to go heeled with authority.
    When it comes to actual shooting though, I love my S&W 357 6 inch Classic Hunter Model 686. Anyone who has ever tried it fell in love and tried to buy it from me. It is a natural shooter, with the best trigger you could ever ask for, with a natural 'pointing' and roll back on recoil that you just don't get from any semi.

N

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by goodnews View Post
    I own and appreciate Semis, but I have a love affair with revolvers. For target shooting, for woods carry, for bedside table defense guns, I think they can't be beat. How many other 'old timers' are there out there besides me? What wheelguns do you own or wish to own? What is your favorite caliber for defense, hunting, plinking, varminting with revolvers?
    I'm also a fan of revolver's...I'm seriously considering the Ruger LCR as my next purchase.

Currently my favorite revolver is my Colt King Cobra (357 magnum) -w- 6" barrel in blued steel.

The revolver that I 'wish' I owned is my uncle's Colt Python (357 magnum) -w- 6" barrel in royal blued steel.
    He purchased it brand new back in the day and now he keep's it wrapped up in a large tube sock of all places...

~SMH~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

6. my bedside table defense is a Taurus snubby .38 5 shot, with 129 grain Hydro-shok +p loads. Effective, and foolproof for that type of situation, of half awake half asleep mode.

7. Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I'm also a fan of revolver's...I'm seriously considering the Ruger LCR as my next purchase.

Currently my favorite revolver is my Colt King Cobra (357 magnum) -w- 6" barrel in blued steel.

The revolver that I 'wish' I owned is my uncle's Colt Python (357 magnum) -w- 6" barrel in royal blued steel.
    He purchased it brand new back in the day and now he keep's it wrapped up in a large tube sock of all places...

~SMH~
    The Colt Python is still the cadillac of all revolvers, although no better than my 686 S&W in function. I had an 8 inch Colt Anaconda.44 Mag for a while, but I sold it (sigh) because I never shoot 44s. Sold my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 also. Man, if only I could go back in time and un-sell ALL guns I ever sold. lol

8. I am most assuredly a major fan of wheel guns. I will take one for personal defense over any semi-auto any day. My personal favorite carry gun is the Detective Special or the Agent by Colt. My favorite caliber overall is the .45 Colt. I am also a big fan of the .41 Long Colt and then the .32 WCF. There aren't really any revolvers or calibers that I wouldn't want to own. I like my K-15 in .22 LR very much also. I am quite disappointed that so few people seem to carry revolvers any more and the resulting dearth of holsters and accessories.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
    I am most assuredly a major fan of wheel guns. I will take one for personal defense over any semi-auto any day. My personal favorite carry gun is the Detective Special or the Agent by Colt. My favorite caliber overall is the .45 Colt. I am also a big fan of the .41 Long Colt and then the .32 WCF. There aren't really any revolvers or calibers that I wouldn't want to own. I like my K-15 in .22 LR very much also. I am quite disappointed that so few people seem to carry revolvers any more and the resulting dearth of holsters and accessories.
    I hear you. I live in Rural New Hampshire and don't need to be concerned with Chicago gangs or other such nutcases, and my favorite carry gun is a little NAA 22 Mag mini revolver. I have not found it's equal yet in convenience. Literally throw it in your shorts pocket. ...and i can hit a coffee can every time at 10 paces with it. When I go for further excursions than just walking the dog I take my Taurus .38 snubby usually. My 1911 .45 normally stays in a hidden spot near my living room easy chair where I can access it if need be. I love it, but am too lazy to strap on a belt every time I go out.
    As for caliber preference, mine is the .357, although i am a fan of the 45 long colt also. FOr power, I wish the .41 mag had kept it's popularity. I love the versatility of shooting .38's all day with my .357, then loading up with serious ammo for defense. And with my S&W I can hit a 5 inch clay target on a sand bank at 100 yards, off hand, with light 38's, almost every shot. (when I am in practice) I can't begin to do that with any Semi I have ever shot, including a Gold Cup.

10. I was late to the revolver world but got addicted to them fairly quickly about three years ago. I regularly shoot three Pythons, several S & W L- and N-frames, a couple of SP-101s, and two Dan Wesson 15-2s (one full lug, one part lug), each with the 4-barrel pistol pack.

11. Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    I was late to the revolver world but got addicted to them fairly quickly about three years ago. I regularly shoot three Pythons, several S & W L- and N-frames, a couple of SP-101s, and two Dan Wesson 15-2s (one full lug, one part lug), each with the 4-barrel pistol pack.
    Ok, now you're just making me jealous. lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast