S&W Shield - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W Shield

I have a Shield in 9mm and love how it carries. It has been my EDC gun for a couple of months now. I have shot over 500 rounds (store purchased and self reloaded) with no issues at all. I had to practice to get accurate with it, as it is different from my G23. The Shield is easier to carry, IMO than my G23. I also upgrade the sight to TRUGLO night sights, which as help me with my sight pictures as my eye are not what they used to be.

3. I have the 9mm Shield, and it is very comfortable to carry. I actually prefer shooting it with one hand. For some reason, it just feels right. It is very accurate. I've tried the Taurus PT740, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, even though it feels great, in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by carsong View Post
    I have the 9mm Shield, and it is very comfortable to carry. I actually prefer shooting it with one hand. For some reason, it just feels right. It is very accurate. I've tried the Taurus PT740, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, even though it feels great, in hand.
    You know what? I agree. It feels good shooting one handed and feels good shooting off hand also. Better than any of my other firearms.

5. Safety Alert on Shield

I don't think anyone has mentioned the "Safety Alert" on the M&P Shield. It's a tigger issue, there website explains how to check if your gun is effected. S&W is a great company, I'm sure they will fix it ASAP. CK
    PS it's not really a tigger issue, it's a drop safety issue. The tigger is how you check to see if your pistol is effected.

I've had a Shield 40 since Late January 2013, waited 9 months to get one (on a list) finally came in just in time for my birthday :) Are 40's snappy, to a degree I suppose, but not like a 357 or 44 Magnum. I have an M&P 40 Full & Compact and also a Kahr MK40. The Kahr is my usual Fall & Winter carry piece, the Shield 40 is Spring carry thus far. I had two problems the first time I took it out, have had zero issues since and I have about 500 rounds through it now. I like the Compact 40 for comfort, but for a lightweight compact 40, the Shield is very nice and really not bad considering it is polymer and not all steel like the Kahr. The MK40 Kahr is smaller, but weighs 4oz. more and it is the most accurate gun I own. Would I buy the Shield 40 if I hadn't done so already, yes. I like using it with the extended mag, just feels better with the extension. Trigger hasn't been a problem, seems to be almost as nice as the M&P Compact 40. This is where the M&P beats the Kahr, the Kahr trigger takes getting used to. If the Shield was the same dimensions as my Kahr MK40, I'd probably carry the Shield 3 seasons.

I put trijicon night sights on my full size m&p 9.... if using in the dark...they are great

S&W bodyguard 380, M&P 9mm, S&W Shield .40(carry), 1944 Mosin Nagant, Springfield M1 Garand, Squires Bingham Model 20 .22 LR

THE REAL CAPTAIN JACK Guest
    I have both the sheild 9 and the 40 , if you go with the 40 for ccw then use heavy grain hollow points they soften the snappiness a bit. It gets worse with lighter bullets. Love the 9 though.

GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123