Ruger SR40c versus Glock 23 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger SR40c versus Glock 23

1. Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    Hello all! I will soon be in the market for another handgun and am likely going to be taking the plunge into acquiring my first Glock. I already own a Ruger SR40c and find that the recoil of the 40 S&W round combined with a smaller grip (i have gorilla hands) makes the gun rather difficult for me to hold on to during rapid or rushed fire. Originally my intent was to go with a Glock 19 but I'm already heavily invested with some quality 40 S&W defensive ammo and would like to stick with the round if I could find it more manageable. Any Glock 23 owners out there who could chime in here and give me some general idea as to what I could expect from a Glock 23 and it's controllability?

I already own an M&P 45c (seems lighter recoiling than the SR40c) but would like a carry weapon with a few extra rounds (13 in the Glock 23). I do hear that the Glock 23 is of a similar size to the M&P 45c so I'm not too concerned about how well it would conceal. Anybody's input on the Glock 23 would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tried a full size magazine with the adapter? I LOVE my sr40c!!! Carry it IWB and owb and shoulder in both variations small mag and full size depending on that particular situation. Just my .02

Sent from my SM-N900V using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I am in the market for a second handgun. As much as i want to keep it .40S&W , I am thinking maybe it's time to lighten it up a bit and going 9mm. I recently gave a G23 a good tryout but, it really hurt my hand shooting it. My SR40C, no problem at all.
    UPDATE: I am a proud owner of a G19 and G26. And after 500 Rounds I am really liking the Glocks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using USA Carry mobile app

I carry a Glock 23 for my EDC. I really like it.

Vietnam Veteran 1966 - 1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro - I've never had a failure of any kind with it.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

I have a Ruger SR40C, but recently decided i wanted to go to 9mm and purchased a G19 for myself and a G26 for wife (Her second handgun first is an LCP, but she really doesn't like it).
    This way if my wife needs to use my firearm, she's already familiar with the Glock. ( I also have a Sig P239 (.40S&W) which is a loaner from a friend who tells me she is in no hurry to reclaim it.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by m.ritz View Post
    hello, I own a G23 Gen4, but I started out carrying 9mm for that very reason. I had heard the .40 s&w recoil was unpleasant, and then after shooting a friend's S&W Sigma (I believe that's what it was) and also his Sig P226 chambered in .40, I decided it was not the caliber for me. I found what I'd heard to be true. it was just snappy. the Sig was significantly better than the S&W, but still noticeable muzzle flip in my opinion. I picked up a couple 9mm's, one of which a Glock 19 Gen4. I absolutely loved it. for some reason, however, I wanted something a little harder hitting for concealed carry. I love Glocks, so I wanted to stay with them, but find their .45's a bit bulky for me. my curiosity drove me to rent a G23 to test fire first...... HONESTLY, the G23 (especially a Gen4) barely has more felt recoil or muzzle flip than any 9mm I've shot, including my G19! it is substantially more controllable than other .40's out there in my experience, even than the Sig! rapid fire is not an issue at all with it. I don't shoot nearly as often as I ought, and I still have no problem holding it on target during rapid fire bursts. it's super accurate and controllable. you will not be disappointed if you get a Gen4 G23, trust me! hopefully this helps.
    That's the "Charm" of the Glock.

It's basic design helps to reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip.

I've fired 1,000s of full power 10mm Auto rounds downrange out of a S&W 1006 and the first time I fired a Glock 20 10mm I was like "Holy Crap!! it didn't have half the recoil and muzzle flip of the S&W with the same ammo. Same thing for the G21 .45 compared to a 1911 and my G23 compared to a S&W 411 that I sold after buying the G23.

Like I've posted before, my EDC is a G23 .40 S&W and IMO it's the ideal CCW handgun when you consider stopping power, size and weight, concealability, mag capacity, etc.

Just my $.02 and your mileage may vary.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234