Glock vs M&P - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock vs M&P

I'll agree with saying that this will all come down to personal preference. For me, the M&P is better; fits my hand better, and I shoot more accurately. That doesn't necessarily mean that the M&P is better than a Glock... They are both very good. I just don't care for Glocks!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

3. Go to 1:40.

Both good guns. I prefer the look of the M&P, but I despise external manual safties, so I have to go with Glock.

Truth is, I chose a gun with the styling of he M&P, the lack of external safeties of the Glock and a trigger better than both. I went with the Walther PPQ.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    Go to 1:40.

You don't have to do that. Just pull the trigger to release the slide.

6. Well why in the world didn't someone tell me that before....
    Better question, why didn't I try that in the first place....
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Both good guns. I prefer the look of the M&P, but I despise external manual safties, so I have to go with Glock.

Truth is, I chose a gun with the styling of he M&P, the lack of external safeties of the Glock and a trigger better than both. I went with the Walther PPQ.
    I don't either. I carry the Shield with the safety off, no problem. It really was the only thing I didn't like about the Shield. However, they have lots of versions of the larger M&P's, many without external safeties. Not that you'll need to worry about it as you're happy with the PPQ, but something to keep in mind just in case a friend is looking at a M&P!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

That's good to know. Every one I've seen seems to have the thumb safety. I didn't know they did like H&K does and offer with or without.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

if you've made up mind "do not like Glock" or magazines, then don't buy one - glock is one you either "love or hate". remember, glocks never ever fail to fire. some others "uh-oh, they misfire"... buy whatever you want, no need to downgrade glock magazines. I've got three in my collection and love them. Also have 1911's - good stuff, real guns.

10. I think he talking about that yellow thingy, inside by the breech, that you move down, when disassembling.
    I want to get a Glock 19 that I saw the other day. It seems like a nice size. I've never fired a Glock, so I'm curious. However, I love my M&P 40. It is, by far, the most comfortable, easy gun to shoot, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    Well why in the world didn't someone tell me that before....
    Better question, why didn't I try that in the first place....
    Thanks.
    Same reaction I had whenever I figured out it could be done. Pushing down the lever inside the grip isn't necessary it's more of a safety feature for those idiots who attempt to disassemble their gun with the gun still loaded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast