How to Determine Best Pistol for Concealed Carry as First Purchase - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Determine Best Pistol for Concealed Carry as First Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GLOCKS View Post
    Then you will need a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB. That is the one I use when wearing dress shirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds good. I guess I will need to buy one size larger pants or lose weight. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I suppose. Outside I wear flannel or hunting shirts as a cover garment.

4. Or did what I do. Appendix or pocket carry. But only small guns really work

The question was more or less a gun for home defense. .. Or is this a concealed carry need too ?

A carbine or shotgun would not work where I live. Too many sharp corners and narrow hallways. So I would suggest waking around with a shotgun length broomstick and see if it will work for you as shotguns work very well and don't take as much training to shoot well.

If it's a home defense only gun and you wish a Hangun go big. Glock 17 or similar in 9mm, .40 or .45. Just get one that allows a rail for a small light. IMO they are easier to use than a flashlight if you are new at it.

Lighten Up Francis.

I am actually looking for concealed carry. The home defense will be primarily by 12 gauge shotgun and a .45 pistol.

6. Ok got it. You mentioned that you tuck your shirts in. So look at tuckable holsters , some of my favorites are the N82 tactical behind your hip or I really like the high noon single clip alter ego. They make great holsters for not a lot of $$.

Personally I am not a fan of the really wide 2 clip holsters. I find them hot and pain to put on and take off. They are pretty comfortable however. If you want a smallish gun in the big boy calibers there are only 2 I would look at. The shield in 9mm or .40 and the XDs in 9mm or 45. Of the bigger guns they are they're best I have had for CC. High Noon makes some sweet holsters that ride high or low as well based on the model. Low riders are nice for tucked shirts and CC. Even more so with for myself 15* of forward cant.

In my case I work in a place with business dress. Suit and tie Fridays are casual. So I went to pocket or appendix carry, as even with a fitted dress shirt you look your best.

Go Seahawks!

Thanks. I dress for work, but no firearms permitted. When not at work, I don't tuck and wear sweatshirts and sweaters a lot in winter, so easy to conceal. I also dress to teach a college class, but no firearms again. I am permitted to have the gun locked up in a vehicle in the parking lot. For this reason, I posted the thread about Console Vaults and Locker Down Console Safes.

8. Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    The only way to come to a conclusion is to go to a range and test them. Everyone has their preferences and everyone's different. Try 'em and do what's best for you.
    A range that rents various/the most popular hand guns. There are many such ranges around.

Or come to AZ and we can go to Ben Avery Shooting Range and shoot some of mine.

9. I carry my XDs .45 in a Crossbreed Mini and can wear a dress shirt with no problem, the one thing that the CB let you tuck you shirt with no problem.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mwhals View Post
    Sounds good. I guess I will need to buy one size larger pants or lose weight. Correct?

These slacks work great for me to be able to carry either IWB or OWB with the same slacks...
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63020...RYIDLIST=63020

These have a comfort waistband that gives you some extra stretch when carrying IWB.

How to Determine Best Pistol for Concealed Carry as First Purchase

Thanks, those slacks look like a good idea for when I am not wearing jeans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast