AR pistols
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR pistols

AR pistols

Legally defined as pistols, so it seems appropriate to put this subject here. I am considering acquisition of one such. Wonder what thoughts you might have, pro or con, about them.
    www.inshadowinlight.com
    I don't care as much about making you more "tactical" as I do about making you better able to be the one still standing after the fight is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CR Williams View Post
    Legally defined as pistols, so it seems appropriate to put this subject here. I am considering acquisition of one such. Wonder what thoughts you might have, pro or con, about them.
    Have you shot any of them yet, I had a PLR which shoots 223 or 556 and it was one loud SOB, no inside pistol range will let you shoot it at least not around here, outside if your really into long range pistol shooting, but your screwed sort of because there is no offical class so to speak for them, and the PLR was not that accuate, the others like a short AR with no buttstock mat be OK but do not know for sure, but they deffinatly are noisy, if you try to hunt with one you better hit with the first shot, cause everthing in the woods will be running away, also they do not carry well, now with all that said, before buying one try to shoot one a bit, if you like it buy it, thats how I ended up with my S&W 500, another one thats useless but cool as hell to shoot
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

They can be very loud unless you're using a supressor. A muzzle break that directs everything forward can help some too. I have a DPMS Kitty Kat, and an AR pistol I built, 7.5" barrel. Outstanding guns if you want something powerful, compact, and not requiring an NFA tax stamp and a year's wait.

AR pistols-ar-pistol-001r.jpg

I use an AimPoint holographic red dot sight and a tac light on mine. Perfectly accurate in 5.56 and .300AAC for CQB out to about 100 yards+ I use mine for home and vehicle defense. I don't find the stock necessary, since the buffer tube works as a stock pretty much.. just tuck it in tight and go.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

How much more worthless can an AR be? Just try and make it into a pistol.

less worthless than your posts, apparently.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    How much more worthless can an AR be? Just try and make it into a pistol.
    Exactly what are you saying that a conventional AR rifle is worthless??? just want to be clear on this before I go any further
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Exactly what are you saying that a conventional AR rifle is worthless??? just want to be clear on this before I go any further
    he's actually saying, "Hi, I'm a troll, and I'm here for no other reason than to sh**post."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    You got it. Biggest piece of junk ever made. Too bad the men that died in the rice paddies of viet nam with a jammed ar in their hands, aren't here to bear witness. As a government entity the army is a victim of politics, budgets, international treaties and a lot of other impediments. Once upon a time the army was in the business of winning wars and selected weapons on rigorous testing like that done by the Thompson la garde committee. The weapon they selected on that study wasn't the ar-15/m-16.

I see lots of criticism of the sheeple on this forum but what are you if you want an AR because that's what the army uses in its full auto version. That's the same army that surrendered unconditionally to that Asian powerhouse, the republic of Vietnam. Try being more than a wannabe with your pseudo military and worthless rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    he's actually saying, "Hi, I'm a troll, and I'm here for no other reason than to sh**post."
    Is everyone that doesn't follow your herd of sheep a troll? As always I am amazed at the woefully inadequate weapons many if you are willing to bet your lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    You got it. Biggest piece of junk ever made. Too bad the men that died in the rice paddies of viet nam with a jammed ar in their hands, aren't here to bear witness. As a government entity the army is a victim of politics, budgets, international treaties and a lot of other impediments. Once upon a time the army was in the business of winning wars and selected weapons on rigorous testing like that done by the Thompson la garde committee. The weapon they selected on that study wasn't the ar-15/m-16.

I see lots of criticism of the sheeple on this forum but what are you if you want an AR because that's what the army uses in its full auto version. That's the same army that surrendered unconditionally to that Asian powerhouse, the republic of Vietnam. Try being more than a wannabe with your pseudo military and worthless rifle.
    OOh the stupid is strong with this one.
    And that is all he deserves.
    An AR pistol is great for those that live in a state that prohibits SBR or are waiting for their paperwork to come back. It is more useable than a Draco pistol since you can put your cheek on the buffer tube, but it will rattle your jaw. The short barrel gives away a lot of the performance and like someone said it is real loud. One thing that Glass Wolf? said, a 7.5 inch barrel is too short for a suppressor, I can't remember if 9.5 or 10 is the minimum, but the pressure at 7.5 is too much per the manufacturers FAQ. I consider it more of a range toy than a real tool, but to each his own.
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast