S&W Bodyguard .380
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Bodyguard .380

1. S&W Bodyguard .380

I've recently started carrying the S&W Bodyguard .380 in a Crossbreed IWB holster (great holsters by the way!). Anyone else carry this gun and any tips/experiences you'd like to share? I've found a lot of other's who have picked up this little gun for carry lately. I personally really like it, but I've been a little surprised by how many others have taken to it as well - surprised mostly because of the negative perception regarding the .380 round I hear a lot.

That's my carry gun as well. I carry IWB but 80% of the time its my De Santis pocket holster. I carried a Glock 22 for a while but during summer it became a nuisance to conceal so I did my homework and choose the BG380 because of its versatility. I never use the laser or the safety but the best feature in my opinion are the high profile sights. My instincts are to always draw down the sights that's why my lasers battery will never die. I added a rubber grip and it made it even more comfortable. Great choice friend.

I don't have a S&W Bodyguard but I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 and I have no doubt a .380 will protect you.

No real problem other than limited accuracy. I often carry mine in a pocket holster. First choice is still an XD9 in a Crossbreed (until I find a Glock 30 S). Some days I arm heavier than others but I always arm myself. Not doing so is like only fastening your seat belt when you think you're going to have an accident. BTW, I don't use the laser, either, but the battery will die eventually. Mine failed during a classroom demonstration.

6. I also have the Body Guard. If I had to do over again, I would choose something else. My biggest complaint is the damn trigger pressure necessary. I even called S&W and was told there is nothing that can be done. Live and Learn I suppose.

7. S&W Bodyguard .380

I carry a bodyguard or a LCP. I am not a fan giant guns for CC as I have to wear business atire. The BG is more comfortable to shoot and is not as snappy as the LCP. The trigger issues for myself was simple. Use the first joint to fire like a revolver. Both have been very reliable.

Most of the time I carry it in a wallet holster by red dog. I have a desantis Nemesis I use sometimes as well. I have a Winthrop IWB that is nice as well that is not tuckable; for that I use a deSantis Sof-Tuck holster that I wear appendix carry.

I really recommend the red dog wallet holster it has zero printing. Looks like a phone or wallet.

It's the only gun I carry and that is near 100% do to its ease of conceal ability
    All the others I looked for an excuse not to do so. Too big, heavy etc. this I don't know I have it.

No it's not as powerful as some, but it's a defensive handgun. Not what you would pick as a duty gun; but I am not a cop

Lighten Up Francis.

8. @bjs11243: Agreed - I don't love the trigger either. Not the smoothest thing in the world, but considering the action, I guess it is somewhat to be expected. I love the concealability though...

@Chrisdrummer: I used to carry an XD subcompact 9mm. Love shooting that gun, but I had trouble concealing it too - just a little 'blocky' for me. Felt like I had a small toaster in my waistband, so I eventually moved on to the .380.

@HappyPuppy: I'll have to check out the Red Dog holster, thanks.

9. @ArmoredG22: What kind of grip did you go with? I've thought about doing this myself as well.

I own a Bodyguard 380 and find that it's on me more often than any other gun I own simply because of the ease of concealment and carry. This gun never leaves my pocket unless the pants or gun are getting a cleaning. It has a tendency to bit the webbing of my hand whenever firing though but it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by bjs11243 View Post
    I also have the Body Guard. If I had to do over again, I would choose something else. My biggest complaint is the damn trigger pressure necessary. I even called S&W and was told there is nothing that can be done. Live and Learn I suppose.
    I believe Galloway Precision has some trigger kits for the Bodyguard 380 that they say will reduce travel though not pull weight. If you have an issue with the trigger maybe you should check them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast