BUG eccesive force
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUG eccesive force

BUG eccesive force

Alot has been said about ammo choice and not wanting to look like a vigilanty buy carring to large calliber, or using handloads wouldent a back up gun look as bad to a jury? the public usualy does not understand our need to carry one gun, how could you defend two? I am not takeing sides just curious do any of you know of cases where someone leagaly defended themselves with a BUG in thir posestion?
    "When you care enough to send the best... Shoot a .45"

3. Smile

I know of no such case, but I ALWAYS carry a BUG, because stuff happens and I'm not about to bet my life on one firearm.

As far as caliber goes, much has been said about this, but my opinion is as long as I'm not defending myself with a RPG, there's not much to worry about.

By the way, my ammo choices are 45acp for my main gun and .38+P for my BUG. I feel neither under-gunned nor concerned about being taken to task by a prosecuter due to caliber/weapon choice.
    Last edited by lukem; 10-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

Quote Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
    I know of no such case, but I ALWAYS carry a BUG, because s--t happens and I'm not about to bet my life on one firearm.

As far as caliber goes, much has been said about this, but my opinion is as long as I'm not defending myself with a RPG, there's not much to worry about.

By the way, my ammo choices are 45acp for my main gun and .38+P for my BUG. I feel neither under-gunned nor concerned about being taken to task by a prosecuter due to caliber/weapon choice.
    +1, Dancingwolf. Anyway, what does RPG stand for?

5. RPG stands for "Rocket-Propelled Grenade" - used against our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

No case that I know of...

There are some people who carry two firearms rather than a reload. That is their choice. The only time it may be an issue is if someone had a firearm in each hand. I don't know of anyone who can effectively shoot a handgun in each hand simultaneously. When I travel someplace unknown to me, I have carried anywhere from two to four. When I travel, I bring at least three. You can't go down to the corner Hertz Rent-A-Gun and rent a handgun if yours is lost or arrives obviously broken.

I don't view carrying multiple firearms any different than carrying extra magazines, speedloaders or speedstrips. It's a matter of personal preference. I have also carried at least one reload for each firearm I have on me.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Only place I know of were I cannot carry a BUG is in NM. If I'm allowed to carry anywhere else, I'm carrying 1 primary and at least 1 BUG. If LEO had a need for a BUG, so do I as a responsible armed citizen. Things happen, and Mr. Murphy often appears when least expected.

I strongly recommend carrying a BUG except in NM. When selecting a BUG, keep in mind that you should have ammo for the BUG as well as your primary.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Only place I know of were I cannot carry a BUG is in NM. If I'm allowed to carry anywhere else, I'm carrying 1 primary and at least 1 BUG. If LEO had a need for a BUG, so do I as a responsible armed citizen. Things happen, and Mr. Murphy often appears when least expected.

I strongly recommend carrying a BUG except in NM. When selecting a BUG, keep in mind that you should have ammo for the BUG as well as your primary.

gf
    That's not exactly true. In New Mexico, you only allowed to carry one concealed gun at a time. You could conceivably carry one openly and carry a BUG concealed and not be breaking the law.

I am not really to worried about what other people think. As long as there is no law against it carry as many as you want. I more often than not carry two guns. I am more concerned about surviving than pleasing others.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree with HK4U. Too often on this site, open carry is not discussed, when in fact it is just as viable a way to carry as carrying concealed is. To hell with political correctness; as long as people are exercising their rights responsibly, who cares if some are offended; there is no constitutional guarantee against getting offended.

11. If someone is involved in a "Use of Deadly Force" the fact that they carried a BUG will be an issue. So will the fact that they carried one gun, let alone two or three.

I routinely carry three guns off duty, with spare ammo. I can "justify" why I carry what I do and will be able to "articulate" those reasons to an Investigator, D.A., or a jury. I'm not to worried about it because I have my reasons.

Biker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast