When is the XD-M compact coming? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is the XD-M compact coming?

Quote Originally Posted by pianomistro View Post
    I didn't think so.... I thought that now Springfield's USA factory makes the XD's here... True that they were originally made in Croatia, but I was almost certain I read in... Combat Handguns I think.. that they were now made in USA. I could be wrong though.
    I sent my contact at SA an email to get this cleared up.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I love my XD-45 Compact 4" (daily carry). I would definitely be interested in acquiring another if they came out with an XD(M) 45 Compact as well. Not too sure about the 4.5" barrel, though. The 4" barrel on the XD-45 Compact is perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    All XDs are made in Croatia. They were formerly called the HS2000 and actually date back to the early 1990s. Knowing a good thing when they saw it, Springfield scooped up the rights and applied their significant marketing prowess to selling it in a way that would attract buyers. Of course, far from being just packaging, the XD also happens to be an excellent firearm.
    My contact at SD said you are correct. I asked if you get a free xd for playing but no go....just kidding.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

He also couldn't comment on any other models.

boyzoi Guest
    according to the latest NRA mag.the new XDm9 is now available

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    according to the latest NRA mag.the new XDm9 is now available
    My contact said the only models available are listed on the site and I don't see a 9mm. But I just shot him an email to see exactly which (m)'s are currently available.

The 9mm version is now available.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    My contact at SD said you are correct. I asked if you get a free xd for playing but no go....just kidding.
    Aww come on...can't I get a participation prize?

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    He also couldn't comment on any other models.
    The consensus at XDTalk seems to be that it's going to be a long wait - if it comes out at all.

I think I'll just go ahead and get the XD compact. If the other one comes out later, then I can have two.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12