Ccw in Virginia library
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ccw in Virginia library

1. Ccw in Virginia library

I am needing to know if it is legal to ccw in Virginia at a library? Also what is the best book to read to find out the current laws about ccw in Virginia? Thanks

No, you cannot carry a weapon onto any government property. This includes libraries. For more information on VA laws go to:

Virginia State Police - Firearms/Concealed Weapons

PS: Bringing a weapon into a library is dangerous. Most libraries these days are full of babies, toddlers and kids. They have a ton of children programs. My kids go there for reading events and other items.

Quote Originally Posted by FireRunner View Post
    No, you cannot carry a weapon onto any government property. This includes libraries. For more information on VA laws go to:

PS: Bringing a weapon into a library is dangerous. Most libraries these days are full of babies, toddlers and kids. They have a ton of children programs. My kids go there for reading events and other items.
    100% B.S.post.

1. There is no general prohibition against carrying firearms on government property in Virginia, including libraries. Specific property is prohibited such as schools and courthouses. In fact, with Virginia's state preemption law it would be illegal for a local government to prohibit firearms in public libraries, that would have to be a state law, which no current state law exists prohibiting firearms in libraries.

2. Libraries are not dangerous places to carry firearms due to the presence of children. Take your "it's for the sake of the children" crap to some webiste like Mom's Demand Action where it is welcomed.

More evidence of FireRunner's tendency to lean towards the anti's point of view:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...tml#post541862
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Ccw in Virginia library

MDA....?
    Is that you?

Ccw in Virginia library-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412875200.519041.jpg
    Last edited by CharlesMorrison; 10-09-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling error

6. I was thinking it was not against the law i was just wondering... Sounds like fire runner is against guns just saying

Sent from my SCH-R530X using USA Carry mobile app

Not bringing a weapon into a library is dangerous:

Man arrested on assault charges in bloody attack at San Francisco Main Library | Crime & Courts | San Francisco | San Francisco Examiner

Several library employees, who asked to remain anonymous, indicated that such incidents happen often and that although security did its job, they are still understaffed.

8. Never rely upon a book for current laws and regulations. As pointed out in one of the above posts, go directly to the enforcement agency and read the text. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mike52876 View Post
    I was thinking it was not against the law i was just wondering... Sounds like fire runner is against guns just saying

Sent from my SCH-R530X using USA Carry mobile app
    and FireRunner won't come back to defend his/her statements either....because there are no facts to back them up.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones0430 View Post
    Never rely upon a book for current laws and regulations. As pointed out in one of the above posts, go directly to the enforcement agency and read the text. Google is your friend.
    Ccw in Virginia library-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412961837.228440.jpg

11. @ CharlesMorrison

Nice troll. However, my statement is correct. And yours was made fwhile you were in the position of your meme.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast