Pistol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol

Pistol

I just took possession of a pistol that has been in the family for as long as I can remember. Here is the story as it was told to me. This pistol belonged to an officer in the French army ( not the foreign legion ). When Germany overran France in WWII, he hid the pistol to keep the Germans from getting it. When my father was in Loan France in 1959 he became friends with the man who stashed it away.My father was given the pistol before he returned to the United States.Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachment 240

Attachment 241

Nice bit of history. Who is the maker? The back of the grip looks like the grip safety on the Smith and Wesson "Lemon squeezers". Is it a safety?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. HK I was about to ask the same thing.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Sorry people, I was in a hurry when I posted. It is a S&W manufactured sometime between 1916 and 1926. That is a grip safety and the grip is mother of pearl. I am trying to find someone locally that I can take it to so I can learn more about it. lol...I cant even give you a model number.

Nice antique firearm! What caliber?

Very Nice!!!!

WOW this is a really nice piece you have there. Such great history behind this. I find that someone is more meaningful to a person when there is sentimental value behind it. Congrats!

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Thanks....Im not sure of the caliber, there are no markings on it. No serial number, no caliber, but I am thinking that it is a 38. I will be putting it in the gun safe to be handed down to one of my grandsons.( which ever one shows the most interest in firearms before I kick the bucket )

wolfhunter Guest
    RDW, did you look under the grip panels? I've found serial number/model numbers there on other guns with no visible (or worn to be unreadable)

my guess 38 s&w early 1900s or late 1800.

wolfhunter Guest
    .32 S&W was also common at that time. My Iver Johnson break top is a .32 from that time frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast