I'll soon buy my frist pistol - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll soon buy my frist pistol

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    You might be the perfect candidate for the .327 magnum. Ruger makes one in the SP101 series. It's got almost as much punch as the .357 but not as much recoil.
    My bias against the .327 Federal Magnum is the following;
    • Ammunition availability; only Federal and Speer make ammo for it.
    • Firearm availability; only Ruger makes a revolver chambered in it.

Until we see a broader availability of ammunition and firearms available in .327 Federal Magnum, I would pass on getting one.

I also have a political bias against Ruger. If I ever get a FFL, I will refuse to sell new Ruger firearms for that reason. I also will never own a Ruger firearm for the same reason.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    My bias against the .327 Federal Magnum is the following;
    • Firearm availability; only Ruger makes a revolver chambered in it.
    Charter Arms now has one. Charter Arms 327 Fed. Mag. Snubnose Revolver Debuts at NRA Annual Meeting They are starting to show up made by other manufactures.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Charter Arms now has one. Charter Arms 327 Fed. Mag. Snubnose Revolver Debuts at NRA Annual Meeting They are starting to show up made by other manufactures.
    When we see more then I'll take the caliber seriously. The number of 10mm firearms currently produced since outnumbers the number of .327 Federal Magnum revolvers out there.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

I agree with you on the current state of ammo availability. Rumor has it that Freedom Arms is planning a .327 magnum. That would be great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12