Kahr Owners Group - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr Owners Group

Dex Sinister, I want to get me a PM40 to round out my collection. I like the K40 but I'm going to stay with the PM series.

Welcome, parshooter. What part of SC are you from? The CW9 is a good carry piece. Let us know when you get you CWP!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Dex Sinister, I want to get me a PM40 to round out my collection. I like the K40 but I'm going to stay with the PM series.
    Well, the PM series would be a better weight for carry. But I've been carrying the K40 for so long that I don't actually notice its weight anymore anyway.

I have the CW45 , love it.

i have the cw9 for carry

Just purchased a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry. Stainless steel slide with night sights. The takedown was more difficult than with my H&K and Sig and almost bent the slide lock spring during reassembly. Called Kahr tech service. Very helpful but a long wait on hold (20 minutes). Reassembled according to the techs advice and ran 215 rounds through the pistol at the range. 100 rd of Winchester White Box FMJ, 100 rounds of PMC FMJ, and 15 rounds of 147 gr Remington JHP. To my surprise, after reading a number of horror stories, I had no FTF or misfeeds. Only glitch occurred at about 90 rounds with the Winchester ammo. After the last round was fired in the 7 rd mag, the slide did not lock back. Reinserted another full mag (7rd) and no problems whatsoever from then on, regardless of the magazine or rounds used. Shot with both the 7 and 6 rd mags. Two friends helped with the breakin. One was very experienced, the other was at the range for the first time. Thought this was a good test. Very happy with the firearm and consider it reliable. Most impressed with the accuracy. Excellent groups at 7 and 10 yards and actually kept it in the black for 5 out of 6 rounds at 25 yards with indoor range lighting. it will be my carry gun of choice. On my second trip to the range, my son and I fired 100 more rounds of PMC 124gr FJM ammo and 7 rounds of Speers Gold Dot short barrel ammo. No ftf or slide failing to lock etc. Great accuracy and no blisters from the checkering on the top of the backstrap area. In any event I just purchased an Agrip wrap around grip noted on the Kahr site to help with grip feel and blistering . Will give it a try as it is removable fairly easily if I want top go back to the stock grip.

Congratulation on your new PM9. It's a fantastic 9mm. I familiar with the slide release. I've never had problems getting it in or out but my spring has bent out a little. I ripped my thumb open on the spring once while removing the slide. Not fun at all! Yours should be broken in now. They recommend running 200 rds through it before carrying it. All of my Kahrs have worked perfectly right out of the box.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks, Red Hat. Just added one more thing to the Kahr. I bought the Agrip advertised on the Kahr site. It was easy to put on with some little trimming required around the bottom of the grip to clear the magazine entry point and around the slide stop. It is extremely comfortable, adds almost no additional width to the grip and has a great feel to it. An interesting material. I will take it to the range next week to test it out.

I'm cheap on grips. I bought a bicycle tube from Walmart for a couple dollars and that's what I use on mine. It work great. One thing, it's thin so it doesn't change the grip size and it feels great. One tube will do a lot of firearms.

recently got a P9 for my regular carry gun. looked at the pm9 but the grip was too short for my hand, the P9 is very easy to conceal, mitch rosen arg slim holster makes it disapear and is very comfortable. lighter and smaller than my browning hi power, but still a pleasure to shoot and very accurate. in about 300 rounds no malfunction yet.

11. K9 or K40?

Am looking for a new carry gun, would like to hear from someone who has both to get some insight. Am leaning towards the 40 for more knock down.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast