Kahr Owners Group - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr Owners Group

Congratulations on your new CW9. If you do a Google search for Pearce Magazine Extension you'll find them. Try this, http://www.google.com/search?q=kahr+...w=1600&bih=747
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

3. I've actually run across those in my search and they don't appear to be what I'm after. Those are basically just little pinky shelves that one would affix to the end of a magazine that would otherwise not protrude (significantly) from the grip (e.g. a standard 7-round mag for the CW9).

What I'm looking for is the black extension that would take one of these:

http://www.kahr.com/Magazines/Kahr-8...m-Magazine.asp

and essentially turn it into one of these:

Kahr 8 Round 9mm Magazine with Grip Extension - Style # K920G, Kahr Arms Magazines

As it stands right now, my 8-round mags stick out of end of the grip about 1/2", leaving my pinky to rest upon the bare metal of the magazine itself. It's not horrible, but I'd like to fix it if I can.
    Last edited by bigdan; 01-20-2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: First url was wrong

Red Hat....

..you are "on top of it".....lol
    I knew there was something I liked about a "blue suiter".
    Last edited by Self Defense CWP; 01-20-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: edited
    Be Safe,
    Jim
    Owner, Self Defense CWP

I haven't seen the original extensions for sale either. Call Kahr and see if they will send you one. Your CW9 should have come with one of each magazine. Their Customer Service is outstanding!
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I picked up a Kahr PM9 with the factory installed CrimsonTrace laserguard a few months ago. It replaced my Kel-Tec .380 as my main summer carry.

After trying many revolvers and pistols, my Kahr P9 is my all-time favorite carry weapon. It has fired and cycled flawlessly from the first shot through 700+. It is not the least bit picky about ammo. I carry it at 5:00 o'clock in a Minotaur MTAC holster, loaded with Speer Gold Dot +P 124 GR SBHP. Thin, light, accurate, dependable - I love it!
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

I just purchased a CW45 to carry and absolutely LOVE it!

I have a P 40. It shoots well, a little snappy shooting 40S&W in a small plastic frame but what are ya gonna do? I don't carry it because I have had damage to the plastic mag followers on every magazine after just a few rounds out of each one. It starts just behind the metal insert and with use becomes so bad that the insert becomes dislodged. I have never had anything like this occur with any other magazine but Kahr. Anyone else have a similar problem or advice? I won't carry a handgun I cannot rely on, so I carry a 1911. That Kahr sure would be nice to carry in the middle of summer.

Tin Can Sailor, call Kahr and talk to them about your problem. They have one of the best customer services around. They will either send your replacement parts or have you send the firearm in to be repaired. It has to be some defect in the magazines to cause the slide stop pin to come out. All the pin does is push up the slide stop to lock the slide back after the last round is fired. I have several Kahr's and carry a PM45 daily. I've never had any magazine problems.

swidener, congrats on the new 45! My choice also.

I EDC a Kahr CW45. It's a pretty good shooter. Snappy, but accurate. I hate the Kahr grips as they bite too much. May have to get a stipple job done on it. I've got a crappy Hogue Handall Jr. on it for the time being.

My CW45 rides at 3 o'clock in a Looper holster, loaded with Remington Golden Sabres. I retired the Powr'Ball ammo. I just wish Pearce made a grip extension for the .45 Kahrs. Bastards...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast