Looking for another handgun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for another handgun

Looking for another handgun

Hey Guys,

I am looking to pick up another handgun. I have the Sig P220 which I LOVE! I am just looking for another toy. I only have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts, which means I can't have anything that CAN hold more than 10 rounds. Any ideas? Just curious to see what you guys have for recommendations. Thanks!

Thanks,
    Capo
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Wow there are so many good handguns out there to choose from. You are on the right track as you can't go wrong with a Sig... Glocks are great handguns and reasonably priced. Check out Springfields XD and XDM lineup and don't forget to check into Heckler and Koch too with their USP lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Wow there are so many good handguns out there to choose from. You are on the right track as you can't go wrong with a Sig... Glocks are great handguns and reasonably priced. Check out Springfields XD and XDM lineup and don't forget to check into Heckler and Koch too with their USP lineup.
    My options are very limited however due to the Class B classification. If the firearm can accept more than 10 rounds, I can't own it. For example, the Beretta 92FS I can't own. It comes with a 10rd mag, but was once made to hold 15, thus making it illegal for me to own. Such a pain!

Wow, being limited to something that hold less then 10 rounds sucks and does limit your choices. You could always look at some 1911's. I love my Kimber ultra carry II and it holds 7+1. You could also look into Para or some of springfield's 1911's. Only bummer is some of the 1911's can get a bit pricey.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

That was going to be my next suggestion. Can't go wrong with a 1911! The original Colt is great and of course the Kimber and Springfields models too. Geezzz!!! They might as well be saying you can't have any semi-autos. Capo if I were you I would consider moving

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    That was going to be my next suggestion. Can't go wrong with a 1911! The original Colt is great and of course the Kimber and Springfields models too.
    I was thinking the same. I was really hoping for something different than a .45 (which is what my SIG P220 is); just to have something different to shoot. I am not opposed to getting another .45, I just wanted to have a wider variety of calibers. I guess I could go with a revolver, however semi-auto is SOOOO fun!

Might I suggest this beauty;

Colt's Manufacturing Company, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I was thinking the same. I was really hoping for something different than a .45 (which is what my SIG P220 is); just to have something different to shoot. I am not opposed to getting another .45, I just wanted to have a wider variety of calibers. I guess I could go with a revolver, however semi-auto is SOOOO fun!
    Take a look at springfields EMP. I'll have to look again at the capacity but its a 1911 in 9mm. Kimber has also come out with a 9mm 1911. Just not sure if either is 10 rounds or less.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I just looked at Springfields site and the EMP comes in 9mm and .40. The 9mm version holds 9 and the .40 holds 8. So you'd be good to go with either of them.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Just get whatever you want. Get whatever is on the MA approved list but with MA approved magazines.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast