Seeking Opinions on Taurus and SCCY - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Seeking Opinions on Taurus and SCCY

  1. Well as always in this situation you will get endless stories from all sides. I'll throw in mine. My EDC is a Taurus Millennium G2. It's a double stack 9mm 12+1. I carry it every day, shoot it often and have never had a minutes problem with it. I trust my life with it no problem at all. Plus you can get them most anytime for $199.

  2.   
  3. I have both the Taurus PT-111 in 9mm and the PT-145 in .45. I love them both and have never had a problem with either one of them. They both hold 10 rounds in the magazine and are very concealable. I'm not sure if they are still in production so you may need to find a used one. They are accurate and feel good in my hand. Taurus has a lifetime warranty and will stand behind their product. I know some people badmouth Taurus, but I wonder if they have ever owned or shot one. I am very happy with these handguns and would recommend them to anyone.

    If you have a few dollars more, look at the S&W Shield in 9mm, also an excellent CCW handgun

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaters911 View Post
    I have both the Taurus PT-111 in 9mm and the PT-145 in .45. I love them both and have never had a problem with either one of them. They both hold 10 rounds in the magazine and are very concealable. I'm not sure if they are still in production so you may need to find a used one. They are accurate and feel good in my hand. Taurus has a lifetime warranty and will stand behind their product. I know some people badmouth Taurus, but I wonder if they have ever owned or shot one. I am very happy with these handguns and would recommend them to anyone.

    If you have a few dollars more, look at the S&W Shield in 9mm, also an excellent CCW handgun
    About the bold part, you might want to read this thread and not just the OP.

  5. I carry a Taurus PT-140 G2 Millenium everyday and fire it about every other day while running drills. So far it is still like new and after 500 rounds it has never missed a beat and keeps on firing. They did have a issue with some earlier models but they have fixed those from what I have read. truth is I am looking at purchasing another one. Maybe a 45 cal.

  6. #25
    Take a look at Bersa guns.

  7. I had a chance to shoot the Taurus yesterday, keep it clean, 2 FTE during 20 shots.

    Lock 'n Load, Tapatalk!!

  8. Many bad reports about firearms are from people who are new to firearms and dont know how to shoot well yet (lots of limp wristing, etc...) and many new shooters dont buy top of the line firearms for their first gun, hence the cheaper priced firearms get a lot more bad reports... I have owned many Taurus firearms, havent had any problems I couldnt attribute to something I did wrong.... I also owned 2 sccy right after they came out, good shooting guns except for the safety issue (would engage too easily while shooting the pistol, not a good thing) that the company solved later. In fact, sccy sent me the parts to upgrade my pistols frre of charge (just like any good company would) and they DID offer to do it themselves (before I asked if I could do it myself) if I shipped the firearms to them.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,253
    In contrast, many good reports about firearms are from people who don't train and practice the crap out of their equipment and would never run into issues in the first place. All guns break eventually, if they are actually being used. The question is under what conditions and when. That's why I value the experience of instructors that see the same guns over and over fail in their classes and the same guns over and over making it without any issues.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    In contrast, many good reports about firearms are from people who don't train and practice the crap out of their equipment and would never run into issues in the first place. All guns break eventually, if they are actually being used. The question is under what conditions and when. That's why I value the experience of instructors that see the same guns over and over fail in their classes and the same guns over and over making it without any issues.
    So, YOU have absolutely NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with either of these firearm brands? If that is the case (it certainly seems so) then you cannot have a valid opinion, and shouldnt even be posting in this thread.... Although you do have the right to post if you wish, everyone else here has the right to laugh at your unfounded (other than by hearsay) opinion of what some other dudes say about something you have never done....

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    In contrast, many good reports about firearms are from people who don't train and practice the crap out of their equipment and would never run into issues in the first place. All guns break eventually, if they are actually being used. The question is under what conditions and when. That's why I value the experience of instructors that see the same guns over and over fail in their classes and the same guns over and over making it without any issues.
    So, YOU have absolutely NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with either of these firearm brands? If that is the case (it certainly seems so) then you cannot have a valid opinion, and shouldnt even be posting in this thread.... Although you do have the right to post if you wish, everyone else here has the right to laugh at your unfounded (other than by hearsay) opinion of what some other dudes say about something you have never done....
    So, YOU have not read THIS THREAD at all and tell me that I shouldn't post in it. Come back once YOU actually have read the thread you are posting in. Hint, read at least my post #7 about my Taurus TCP experience.

    Thank you for providing this piece of comedy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast