concealed carry 45 - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed carry 45

Ruger P345, very thin, easily concealable, and extremely accurate. You can buy this gun new for 425.00 dollars, and I like it so much, I now have two... one blued, one stainless.
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Thumbs up

You can't go wrong with a Glock. Inexpensive, reliable, and easy to work on.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

4. Concealed Carry .45

I am glad so many people ahve the funds to lay out for carry pieces, and that concealed carry pieces are like women's undies. No one is supposed to see them, so they get them as pretty as they can. I wanted a Star .40S&W auto, but at the time I went for it, there was an 18-month waiting list. You paid your money, then waited for 18 months to receive it. The gun shop I went to in Phoenix had an NIB Star M-45, and the price was within my budget. At the time, i was a deputy sheriff, and my duty weapon ws an S&W 4506. Fine for duty carry, but on a 5'5", 180 lb frame, hard to conceal. The Star is about the same size as a Colt Officer's Model, and carries six in the magazine and one in the tube, only one round short of the Govt model. It has an ambidextrous safety, and no grip safety, like the 1911. It is a flat black sort of Parkerized finish, with a good trigger pull that has no noticeable creep. I have put about three thousand rounds through it, and never had a jam or blockage. My first magazine is loaded with Glaser Safety Slugs, and the other two are W-W Silvertips. I carry it in a belt slide bandaid holster that keeps it close to my body, giving it good concealability and excellent weapon retention potential. I carry it with the hammer down on a loaded chamber, and thumb-cock it as I draw. This is due to what I consider the only weak spot on the weapon, the safety. In the position it is in, it has a tendency to 'walk' off as I move, and soon I am carrying a cocked and unlocked .45. With regular practice, I am confident with my choice, which is the important thing with any carry weapon.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I have an EAA Witness .45 full size. love it. it's never jammed. it's inexpensive (around 390 or 400 or so) looks great and very well made. also a .45 baby eagle is a good choice and a little bit slimmer than the EAA Witness.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

+1 on the Springfield

I bought my wife a KAHR P45 and although it is very very concealable, it has been nothing but problems.

Nothing but good times with my Springfield.
    -Austin

7. Life's simple pleasures like 1911's and glocks. Some keltecs thrown for rough play. Kimbers and paras work good for me and a Wilson is on the short list.

frank.macher Guest
    I have a Republic Arms Patriot .45, takes full size mags as well. I also have M&P 45 and a Rock Island 45. I also carry a Glock in .40. The nice part about the smaller frames is concealment, the nice thing about the larger frames is the way they handle recoil. All I would say is buy what you can afford to and practice with it.

Quote Originally Posted by frank.macher View Post
    I have a Republic Arms Patriot .45, takes full size mags as well. I also have M&P 45 and a Rock Island 45. I also carry a Glock in .40. The nice part about the smaller frames is concealment, the nice thing about the larger frames is the way they handle recoil. All I would say is buy what you can afford to and practice with it.
    the higher magazine capacity is also a plus with the larger frames. back up mags are great, but even better if you would have to swap them out less.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Smile Love of .45s

I started with a Kimber Ultra carry 45, then I got a Springfield full size 1911. Liked those so well I got a FNP 45, just so I was carrying plent of rounds, (1 in the pipe and two 14 rnd mags). My Kimber was so nice I put CT grips on it and then bought a Colt "New Agent". I think I am good on .45s for a while....
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Talking My glock 27

[IMG][/IMG]IV HAD MY CCW IN OHIO FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW. MY FIRST CARRY GUN WAS SIG P239 40
    I LIKED THE GUN ALOT IT SHOT GREAT, NO JAMS 2,000 PLUS. BUT A BIT HEAVY AND ONLY 7 ROUND CLIP.
    I GOT A KEL TEC 380 FOR SUMMER CARRY, I PERSONAL DONT LIKE THE LITTLE KEL TEC. I FOUND FOR ME IN QUICK ACTION DEFENSE DRILLS GUN WAS TO HARD TO MUNIPULATE QUICKLY FROM HOLSTER(OHIO LAW)
    GOT MY GLOCK 27 LAST YEAR.... I LOVE THIS GUN.!!!! IT FITS AL MY CCW WANTS AND NEEDS.
    HAS THE POWER IN 40 S&W.
    COMPACT AND LIGHT FOR EASY CARRY. IV HAVE A ( GALCO IWB LEATHER HOLSTER WITH EXTRA MAG POUCH, THIS HOLSTER IS COMFORTABLE.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast