concealed carry 45 - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed carry 45

Smile Carry .45

XD .45 Compact. 5'10" 175 lbs. Conceals easily in a crossbreed supertuck, cant beat the price, and operation is flawless. Over 2,000 rounds without a hiccup.

Thumbs up

Kahr tp45 the only 45 close to the feel of a 1911, slightly slimmer and accuracy on par with my 1911 out to 15 yards, 7 shots(freestanding both eyes open fast as I can get a sight pic.) one ragged hole the size of a quarter. what else do you need from a 19 oz. carry gun boasting a mere 4" barrel. and contrary th the PM45's and P45 reps the TP has had not one malfunction in almost 1k rounds since purchase even during break in.

My .45 ACP choices

A little late in this thread.

Here's what I currently have;
    • EAA Witness Steel Compact
    • Para-Ord P-12.45
    • S&W 4516-1
    • S&W CS45

Others I would consider and are on my to add to my collection list;

• Para-Ord P-10.45/Warthog
    • Para-Ord P-13.45 or equivalent Commander model.
    • S&W 457
    • Springfield Armory 1911A1 (Officers 3 to 3.5" barrel or Commanders Model 4" barrel)
    • Springfield Armory XD Compact
    • Taurus 945B

For 1911 pistols, I will only own Para-Ord or Springfield Armory. I do not like Glocks and Glock clones like the S&W M&P, Sigma and 99 with the exception of the SA XD. I prefer steel framed .45s, if possible, although that is getting more difficult to find new.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Kimber Ultra carryII 45 Is about as good as it gets. They are not that bad in price if you shop for FFL dealers that don't work out of a store front. You would be able to depend your life on it going bang. Glocks and XD's are good too. Good holster is a must with any firearm.
    Last edited by gun runner; 12-04-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Seems to be the correct thread for this .....

I am looking for a double action only 45 1911 style pistol. I pawed a P.O. carry 9 today but the problem is .... its a 9mm and I want a 45. Other then the Para, any of the others offer a double action pistol? Suggestions, comments,

and yes, I know it wont be cheap. I have already decided its going to cost me about a grand or so.

Thanks

Take a look at SigSauer the 220 line is mostly .45 I believe they have others. I do have a 220 carry elite with the decocker it starts out DA then to SA. They have DA only. You name it Sig has it. They are awesome shooters. I have hard time in winter not to carry my Sig BUT I love my Kimber Ultra CarryII. It always with me.
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

8. Colt Defender:

Love it.

I use the PT-145 and it is one of the best for concealment that I've ever seen. Great fire power in a fairley small package!!
    Action Is Always Faster Than Reaction!!!

i'm thinking of getting a glock 30 for my CCW (when i get my permit )... i have a kimber pro tle/rl II right now but the weight of the gun is too much for me to comfortably carry concealed... i'm not a big guy, 6'2" 150,... tall and lanky, and i know the lighter weight of the glock will help tons... plus it carries 2 more life stoppers than the kimber...

I'm had been a Glock guy myself, but while looking for the 21SF I decided to hold the Springfield XD and the Taurus 24/7 OSS DS. The Taurus actually fit my hand the best of all of them, and so I read as much as I could on just the Taurus 24/7 OSS DS and that is what I purchased. Even though it a fullsize .45 ACP it will not be hard to conceal as some think.

Now that I have said that, "What fits your hand the best?" as you will be the one to be carrying what you purchase.
    Last edited by JBinMontana; 02-04-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast