concealed carry 45 - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed carry 45

Is it just me or am I missing something on the 357mag? Personally, I would have a problem packing a weapon that once fired, the bullet continues not only thru a wall, but on down the city block...if, and only IF I ever have to draw down on a BG, I only want to stop that BG, not just the BG and the Ford F-150 driving by..I think we can all agree that the 357mag is one heck of a powerfull round!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Is it just me or am I missing something on the 357mag? Personally, I would have a problem packing a weapon that once fired, the bullet continues not only thru a wall, but on down the city block...if, and only IF I ever have to draw down on a BG, I only want to stop that BG, not just the BG and the Ford F-150 driving by..I think we can all agree that the 357mag is one heck of a powerfull round!
    The neat thing about velocity is, when using an expanding projectile, the greater its impact velocity, the more likely it is to expand more or fragment, in most cases actually reducing penetration. The reason why the .357magnum using a 125gr JHP @ 1200-1400fps is the combination by which all others are judges is entirely due to the balance of projectile weight, construction, and velocity causing a wound of optimum depth and energy deposit. .357sig does an excellent job of replicating the performance of that landmark load.

Penetration is not proportional to velocity only, it is proportional to the momentum (Mass X Velocity) divided by the surface area of the projectile (which increases with velocity when using expanding projectiles).

4. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/theboxotruth.htm This is where I went to get info on both carry rounds and home protection. I like 357 mag and 44 mag and 500 mag it is all a choice of weapon. my carry is 32 9mm and 40 and 45 or 38 + p see I told youall I standerize my carry. I have them all.petty much.wifes 380 - 40 -45

5. Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I agree? I wouldn't dream of loading any of my guns for SD with FMJ for that reason. I wouldn't be pleased to shoot the bad guy and at the same time a neighbor and his wife in bed next door and their neighbor's dog to boot!

My two 9 mm and one .45 should suffice just fine.

I wouldn't dream of loading any of my guns for SD with FMJ for that reason.
    Here in NJ hollowpoints are verboten. In this situation, and to address the interesting physical characteristics of hollowpoints (clogging, failure to expand, etc.), you might want to take a second look, at these...

NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I'll carry hot FMJ or hardcast at times, depending on where I'll be. Not only are there a few bears in the mountains, but there are some BIG dudes around who would probably need alot more than 12" of penetration (no perverted comments please).

On the whole, JHP is a good idea for self-defense in public... but realistically, any type of building material which a FMJ can penetrate, a JHP could penetrate it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    I carry a Glock Model 30 (.45ACP) and a Glock Model 39 (.45GAP).

Both are great CCW pistols.
    Well boss...why don't you trade your G30 in for a G39. It's the same size as your G30 but would match the 45Gap caliber, so that you would only have to worry about 1 type of Caliber and not 2.

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

Just my .44

9. Talking

A good part about the g27 is you can replace the barrel with a 357 barrel and it will work.mags and all.

I prefer the compact Glock 30. It holds 10 + 1 rounds of .45 ACP and is smaller than alost all other 45's. You cant beat the Glock's for out of the box accuracy and dependability.
    Be safe, shoot straight and have fun!!

Scott
    Northeast PA (Luzerne County)
    Glock 21 45ACP
    Mossberg 835 12GA Magnum
    Ruger 10/22

NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member - SSP & CDP Marksman

11. Glock 30!!
    Kahr PM9
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    NRA Member