concealed carry 45 - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed carry 45

Quote Originally Posted by 2075RAMI4ME View Post
    Sweet Grips SAS Mayhem! I need a pair for my CZ RAMI. And maybe my 75 too.:)
    Thanks, Sam does great work. And the grips are flawless

Check out the Taurus Millennium PT145 Pro SS

The Pro 145 is my carry gun of choice. Appx $350 from Sportsman's Warehouse. It's light-weight and double-action only. I carry two extra 10-round magazines in addition to the one in the gun. The extra round in the chamber gives me 31 total rounds. It has a nice crisp trigger and LOVES +P ammo. I carry it in a stiff inside-the-waistband holster and sometimes forget it's there.

Don't take MY word for it!

Yesterday, I received the December issue of Gun Test magazine. They just happened to test and review the PT145.

Here's their quote:
    "The Taurus PT145 Pro SS was not the top target gun, but it could prove to be the best street fighter."

There are about 8 .45's in my collection. If I didn't have the PT145, I'd probably carry a full sized Colt Combat Elite ($600) (Look at my icon) or my Springfield Armory Champion Model .45 ($650) with a 4" barrel.
    Last edited by Instructor_Dennis; 11-29-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added the Prices
    Dennis Young

[email protected]
    www.theshootingschool.org

NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and Personal Protection Instructor
    Law Enforcement Force-on-Force Instructor
    ASI Certified Baton Instructor
    ASI Certified Defense Spray Instructor
    Member - National Concealed Firearms Instructors Association

4. Dennis,

I too carry the PT-145 daily, but it usually gets BUG duty behind my Wilson Combat Professional.

echo_5 Guest

economical carry .45

The Taurus 24/7 pro in .45acp can be had for $400 new. It's a compact 12 rd. .45 with ambidextrious safety/decocker. Although it resembles a Glock it's actually a DA/SA giving you restrike capability. Definitely worth considering.

-Drive fast and shoot straight

If looking at the 24/7 be sure to specify the PRO version as it has the enhanced short trigger to address the short-comings of the original.
    Last edited by echo_5; 12-18-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: attention!

Y'know, I was thinking about the PT-145 before I bought the Kimbers. Heard unhappy things about the triggers and about reliability/feeding. Was I wrong? (It's not too late . . . Christmas is coming!!)
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Y'know, I was thinking about the PT-145 before I bought the Kimbers. Heard unhappy things about the triggers and about reliability/feeding. Was I wrong? (It's not too late . . . Christmas is coming!!)
    I have a PT140pro. i have never had a failure to feed or eject. I do have a hard time with the trigger. It has a very long trigger pull. Mine is second generation which is double action only. The new ones are single action. This, as I understand (no decocker) requires you to carry with the safety on though. However, carrying the Kimber I assume you are used to carrying with the safety on.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

8. You may want to check out the new Kahr CW45, a clone of the Kahr P45 but without the polygonal barrel, and comes with only one mag, but for $218 savings you could buy lots of spare mags.

Check it out here...http://tinyurl.com/22pqj3

Quote Originally Posted by JC40 View Post
    Yes the RIA`s are definately very nice handguns.I actually joined the site,i just haven`t posted as of yet.I hope you post pictures when yours comes back.I definately would like to see the difference.
    Here you go JC40, :D

130.00 to include the mag ain't bad. Also MAC includes

"MAC'S "STANDARD TUFF-GUN JOB" INCLUDES FULL DIS/REASSEMBLY, THE TUFF-GUN I FINISH ON EVERY METAL PART OF THE FIREARM INCLUDING STOCK HARDWARE (EXCEPT SPRINGS & PINS) POLISHING OF ALL
    FEED RAMPS, BORE CLEANING, HANDLAPPING OF SLIDE/TRIGGER
    RAILS AND PIVOT POINTS AND SIGHT DOTS.ONE MAGAZINE
    IS ALSO INCLUDED. "

That came out awesome.I like the new look that it has now.It made a real nice looking gun even better,and the price isn`t bad either.Enjoy and thanks for posting the pictures.

11. yet another option!

I carry the Glock 36 slimline as primary concealed carry gun. Small powerful, and thin,it has some good points when looking for a new gun. The only downsize is that Crimson Trace does not make a laser for it. So many to choose from, and so little money.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast