Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?

1. Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?

Hey all! New to the forum. Does anyone use a full size or duty pistol for CCW? How do you carry it?

S&W M&P9 /Galco CM pancake/ 2 reloads
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Well, Yes and no. In Arizona at 107 degrees you cant hide much....... a Glock 22 is full size and I do carry CC with it, the Kimber Custom is full size and it is only CC with an shirt out not tucked. (Off post, the Kimber Ultra is good for all around carry - not an Ultra II, old Ultra)

[Sent from under the Chevy with a long cord] WE NEED THE "LIKE" BUTTON BACK, HELLO McFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Glock 20 at 4 o'clock while hiking in the woods in an IWB holster and concealed with an untucked shirt. I carry an OWB double-magazine holder concealed with the untucked shirt as well. I am currently looking at OWB holsters (open and concealed options, Safariland), especially for carrying openly in a drop-leg holster while carrying a backpack.

It is all about a proper holster, the right carry location and a proper belt, all to keep the gun as close to the body as possible and to distribute the weight.

6. Glock 17 in pancake, shirt untucked.

7. Thanks for the replies! I carry a compact right now. Looking to upgrade to a full size. In PA, the weather changes quite a bit. My only concern is with the super hot days. I'll be appendix carrying, so concealement shouldn't be much of an issue I don't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaunce View Post
    I carry a compact right now.
    Define compact
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

9. CZ 75 Compact specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaunce View Post
    CZ 75 Compact specifically.
    What's wrong with it?

15 round 9mm right?
    Barrett Tillman

11. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    What's wrong with it?

15 round 9mm right?
    Yes 14+1. Nothing is wrong with it necessarily. After carrying it for 8 months and shooting just shy of 3000 rounds through, it I've grown to dislike manual safety and shirt sight radius. I'm looking at CZ decocker models to carry DA without thumbing down the hammer. I've been looking at the P-01, but I'm a fan of the all steel models. The weight doesn't bother me on the belt and the recoil is incredibly manageable.

Extra capacity, longer sight radius, and less muzzle rise sound like enhancements as long as concealability isn't totally compromised.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast