3" Barrel SubCompact .45
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3" Barrel SubCompact .45

3" Barrel SubCompact .45

How was your experience when firing a .45 from the 3" barrel models? I'm looking to retire my 9mm. What are some reliable hollow points for sub compact .45 models?

Quote Originally Posted by linuxpatch View Post
    How was your experience when firing a .45 from the 3" barrel models? I'm looking to retire my 9mm. What are some reliable hollow points for sub compact .45 models?
    My main carry piece is a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I absolutely love it. Like anything else with the right grip, stance, and some practice the recoil is very manageable. I've shot gold dots, Hydra shok, and golden sabers through it without any issues. I was also surprised at how accurate it is for a 3in barrel. They are a little pricey but mine was worth it!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I was at a hunting store and they had them for sale. The Kimber Ultra Carry II was going for $1140. My stomach dropped, but I think it would be a very good investment. I also looked at the Springfield XD SubCompact .45s as well. I'm going to wait for another Gun Show to come to town before I break the bank. I hope I can get some range time indoors to try them out. We'll see...

wolfhunter Guest
    Para Warthog, smallest .45 with a 10 round magazine. Great shooter, and it's under $800

Quote Originally Posted by linuxpatch View Post
    I have the Glock 30 (3.78 in barrel) and I shoot as well or better than my Sig P220. I've never had a problem with it shooting anything.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Taurus PT145 Mil Pro Stainless

My Taurus has been great and recoil is suprisingly light. Probably the least expensive of those mentioned. Got mine for $369+ tax. I like the Hydro-shoks and GoldenSabres, but may try the HST.

PS: It holds 10+1 and is the same size as a G26.
    Last edited by Jes; 12-18-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Great Weapon Jes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    My Taurus has been great and recoil is suprisingly light. Probably the least expensive of those mentioned. Got mine for $369+ tax. I like the Hydro-shoks and GoldenSabres, but may try the HST.

PS: It holds 10+1 and is the same size as a G26.
    I have the PT145 with the equipment rail under it...Love this weapon. Compact but VERY powerful!! I picked up 2 of them cash on the barrelhead @ the local gun show for $175.00 ea!!. My boss got one at my cost!....J.T.
    Action Is Always Faster Than Reaction!!!

I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II also, and I'm very impressed with it...both the way it shoots and the quality of the firearm. The trigger is as good as any target arm I've ever shot, including the Legendary S&W Mdl 52, my High-Standard Supermatic Citation and several handmade target .45's. Pricey, but worth it IMHO.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I have a Taurus PT-145 and love it. Cost $330.00 about 6 months ago. It is accurate, 4" at 50', reliable, I've put about 1500 rounds of several different loadings including lead RN and SWC without a hitch, and it is very comfortable to shoot. If I had it to do over again I would try to get a 24/7-C instead of a Millennium. Same gun, but with a finned rubber grip instead of just the plastic frame. I have a 24/7-C in 9MM and the grip is better even though the all plastic is still very good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I've shot gold dots, Hydra shok, and golden sabers through it without any issues.

Question: I carry the same weapon, but can't get it to feed hollow points, for me it is either full metal jackets or federal expanding full metal jackets (my usual carry round for this weapon.) What am I missing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast