Xd-m
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xd-m

Xd-m

The XD-M seems like a nice pistol? Does anyone have any experience with this specific model? My brother in law is a big XD guy where I like the Glocks....but 19+1 and a match barrel seems pretty good.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

if you want that many rounds the just go for the FN 5.7 20+1 and a much more powerfull round

If they could come up with a .40 or .45 cal like that, then I'd be interested. Otherwise, no thanks.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I'd Like to know, Too

There are two guns on my wish wall.... First was the XD-M 40. I thought they were in the $650 range.
    Then the 2nd auto was a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II with a 4" Barrel. What, about $1100. Quite a price difference. Thoughts?
    Semper Fi

Tattedupboy Wrote:

If they could come up with a .40 or .45 cal like that, then I'd be interested. Otherwise, no thanks.
    The XD-M does come in .40. Here is the link....index (click on Specs and then .40 S&W)
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    There are two guns on my wish wall.... First was the XD-M 40. I thought they were in the $650 range.
    Then the 2nd auto was a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II with a 4" Barrel. What, about $1100. Quite a price difference. Thoughts?
    this is ALLL about preference. here is MY experience with kimbers. my uncle let me barrow one for a camping trip once...i think it was the tatical pro 2 sub compact...or something to that effect. i freakin loved it. i had a leg holster for it and it was just knock down stoping power. $1200...now here is the kicker...i have NEVER had a gun jam more than that gun. now i know what your thinking... " well then there was a flaw in the gun " that is exactly what i thought...so i broke it down and cleaned the $&!% out of it. still happened. so i switched to the best ammo that i could buy...and still..stove pipe..out of battery...always something. so one day i was at the range with the kimber and there was an off duty officer there with a VERY nice kimber. i told him aobut my problems with the gun and he immediatly understood what i was talking about. he said that his acted the same way. and so far...every time i see a kimber fired at the range it jams at least once. now please dont get me wrong. kimber makes a great gun...other wise no one would pay the retarted prices. the only conclusion that i can reach is that everyone one of the kimbers that i have seen at the range jam must have been very new and still working all of that out. also on the camping trip that i took it on the gun developed rust spots with in two days. it came off easly with some nitro solvent but in my opinion it shouldnt have happened in the first place...this all leads to why i have the FN fiveseven...they cost the same amount and the fiveseven's exterior is all pollymer...perfect gun for the long haul

Quote Originally Posted by fivesevenusg View Post
    ... NEVER had a gun jam more than that gun.
    I have not heard of an mechanical issues with any of the Kimber line. But for any weapon over a $1k you'd expect it to be flewless at all times.

... gun developed rust spots with in two days. it came off easly with some nitro solvent but in my opinion it shouldnt have happened in the first place...
    From Time to time I carry MOB. That is a certain rust generator.

Thank you for your thoughts and time.
    Semper Fi

I sold my XD40 to a coworker and bought the XDM40. I liked the XD but decided to get the extra capacity while I still can. Last weekend, I added a XDM9 to the collection. Both are excellent pistols.

As for deciding between a XDM and the Kimber, it would depend on my budget and intended use.

The Kimber is an awesome pistol and would be much easier to conceal than the XDM's, which only come in full size at this time.

For competition, I'd prefer the XDM.

As for the FN 5.7, it's a nice pistol and holds a lot of ammo, but that ammo is quite pricey and sometimes hard to find.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

10. I'm a 1911 kinda guy and I don't quite know how to say this but... I just bought a 9mm XDm!

Like all the guns of this type, the trigger is kinda long but surprisingly smooth. Not as crisp as I would like at let off but still pretty nice. It's accurate and as you said, 19 +1!

I guess I just had to have one hi-cap in the collection.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

i just got a xdm 40sw good shooter.16+1 also /next wek the xdm in 9mm.buy before its too late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast