Handgun Researching.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handgun Researching....

Anchorage, AK formerly of SF, Kommiefornia
    I ended up getting a Colt 01070XS. I'm very happy with it. I wanted to get a Wilson Combat but I couldn't justify the $2500 price tag, especially when a $900 Colt would do the same thing: put lead downrange.

Thanks for all the tips.

Jason

I'm also looking for handgun info. My friend is thinking about buying a 45 cal starfire and all I know is the company that makes them went out of business,so first are they any good and second can you get parts for them if you need them.

thanks

Unhappy

I have a huge issue with this picture: the fact that those aren't my pistols, my magazines, my hollow points, nor my green mat!

Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post

New England transplant, now living in Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    You need to do a little more research than listening to people who do not know wherefore they speak. The Springfield line is made in Croatia, not Brazil
    Wuzfuz - You need to re-read his post. He's looking for a 1911, not an XD. Some of Springfield's 1911's are made in Brazil (the rest are built in Illinois). The XD's are Croatian.

Personally, I own two Springfield 1911's - basic mil-spec units, to which I've built up each to some degree over the years (one for carry, one for IDPA). The only glitch having been the cracking and partial separation of the barrel lug from the barrel, on my hard-used IDPA gun. The barrel was replaced free of charge.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I have a huge issue with this picture: the fact that those aren't my pistols, my magazines, my hollow points, nor my green mat!
    I could send you a green mat, if that will make you feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I could send you a green mat, if that will make you feel better?
    I would be hard to send this one.....it's my pool table

Maybe you should have looked at the Taurus PT1911. They come in Stainless, with ambidextrous safety, Heinie sights, and other goodies, for less than $700.00.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12