Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Funny how the civilians of the country who made Glock cannot own a Glock.
    You got that part wrong. Glocks are originally from Austria, which is among the few "gun friendly" countries in Europe. I was in Austria just a year ago and a friend of mine who lives there told me that gun sales were through the roof due to the flood of refugees. We even went to the gun store where he buys his firearms and ammunition from. He owns several Glocks.
    You may want to take a close look at those "gun sales" because Glock doesn't make a hunting rifle. Narrow youre reserch to who is actialy allowed to own *handguns*.

Sure Austria is a more gun friendly country of the EU, but given how anti-gun the EU is that's not saying much. New York is far more "gun friendly" than Austria yet is considered one of the most anti-gun states in the U.S.
    In Austria, semi-automatic handguns are Category B weapons, requiring a permit, being over 21 years old, and passing a psychological examination by a doctor of choice. Self defense is a valid reason for acquiring one or more handguns. The permit can be issued for sporting purposes, hunting or concealed carry.

The vast majority of guns being sold in Austria are bolt-action rifles and break-action shotguns as they are Class C weapons and do not require a permit, just registration after purchase.

Firearm sales in Austria are up 350% due to 'unease' over increasing number of migrants... months after dealers warned they had virtually sold out of shotguns

In summary, Austrians can own Glocks and even carry them concealed. The huge surge in gun sales last year was mostly shotguns.

"[http://www]Can I use +P ammunition in my Ruger LCP?[http://www]*
    No. The Ruger LCP was not designed for use with +P ammunition. Given the LCP's light weight and compact design, the use of +P ammunition in this particular model may result in damage to the firearm or personal injury.
    "

Ruger Frequently Asked Questions
    Quite common with .380 ACP micro pistols. Same goes for my Taurus TCP 738, which is a safe queen now.

Quite common with .380 ACP micro pistols. Same goes for my Taurus TCP 738, which is a safe queen now.
    So first you've never seen a common "+p" stamp, which is like saying you've never seen a blue sky, and now you want to sidebar this thread into Austrian gun law.

No thanks.

So first you've never seen a common "+p" stamp, which is like saying you've never seen a blue sky, and now you want to sidebar this thread into Austrian gun law.
    Please re-read the thread. You stated the following nonsense:

Funny how the civilians of the country who made Glock cannot own a Glock.
    As far as a +P stamp on a barrel, I was wrong with my statement as I assumes a semi-auto. I have never seen a +P stamp on a barrel of a semi-auto. Did you?

Also, you reply with a quote that has zero to do with your reply topic. What's up about that?

Please re-read the thread.
    No.

Civilians cannot own handguns in Austria. The rare exceptions their law allows only proves the rule. One would have a better chance of getting a permit for New York City.

Your link was about shotguns and rifles.

So here is yet another thread you've **** on.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    No.

Civilians cannot own handguns in Austria. The rare exceptions their law allows only proves the rule. One would have a better chance of getting a permit for New York City.

Are you certain that you are speaking of the same country?
    Austria is in Germany and Australia is its own country.

In Australia, private firearms are severely restricted.
    NOT in "Austria" Germany...

Just checking.

No.

Seems you are getting off on a tangent, because you simply know ****.

Yes, my link was about last year's buying spree in which many Austrians bought shotguns instead of handguns. Why? Because there is no license required. A background check is performed and the shotgun is registered upon purchase. Why did I post the link? Because I was talking about the buying spree.

For purchasing a handgun or semi-auto or pump-action rifle or shotgun, a license is required similar to NYS, stating the purpose (sporting, hunting or self defense). Anyone who is not mentally ill can purchase such a firearm. If self defense is given as a reason for a handgun, a carry permit is being issued (unlike the state of New Jersey).

See Gun/Carry and Knive laws in Austria for a more detailed description of the Austrian gun laws in English. Here are the Austrian weapons laws in German.

So, in contrast to your statement, civilians can and do own handguns in Austria. Handgun ownership is not based on 'exceptions'. Are there more hoops to go though than in the US? Yes, as a mental evaluation is required! Is handgun ownership as prevalent as in the US? No! For example, in the city of Vienna with 1.7 million citizens, 460 applications for weapons were submitted in 2013. Still, civilians can and do own handguns in Austria, such as my friend in Vienna. Here is the gun store we went to in Vienna: Schwandner Anton GesmbH, Paniglgasse 17A, 1040 Wien, Austria. They currently have a Glock 19 Gen 4 for 699 Euro.

As for ******** on a thread, it is you who is posting straight nonsense that is off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post

Just checking.
    Austria is not in Germany! Austria is its own country. It is located right next to Hungary and Slovenia, where the stream of refugees came in from Turkey (and Syria via Turkey) last year:

Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal -_85164031_migrant_journeys_turkey_to_germany_624.png

Austria and Australia are often confused, leading to this:

Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal -no-kangaroos-e1459509702774.png

Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal Seems you are getting off on a tangent, because you simply know ****.
    I think you meant "doesn't know ****", because what you posted means I know a lot.

Anyway if you don't like tangents, stop posting them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post

Just checking.
    I'm not aware of any contry within the boarders of Germany.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast